Hey!! New to Mud and Snow

joz500ss

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, Im new to this mud and snow forum and just have a few questions they may be dumb hahaha anyways here we go. I have a 05 500ss short track and live in nova scotia at the moment... I know the short track is fine here in nova scotia cause we dont get much snow but Im wondering when I move to Calgary would I be alright riding with a short track and just upgrade my track? or should I sell the thing and buy a long track? Any help would be great :)

Thanks

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
First of all, welcome to the site.

Secondly, maybe provide some more information. When are you moving? How many times will you try to get to the mountains? Avy training? Mountain gear?

IMHO, you would be better off selling that sled on the east coast. There really isn't a market for it out here. The riding in and around Calgary is sketchy most years. Travel is necessary and most guys travel to the mountains with nothing less than 154 800's.

Come back with some more information, and you will get some more advice.

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with these guys, no1 is going to pay much for that sled out west. we don't see many 600's in mtn sleds either. sell it before you move, then get yourslef a 800 mtn sled and get avy educated. you'll wonder why you didnt do it earlier !!!

joz500ss

Reaction score
Thanks for your advice... I may be moving out after Christmas, do you guys run a trail system that is groomed? or mostly mountain ride? I hear the long tracks are no good for trail riding which is what im looking to do for now. I'm a small girl with no experience in the mountains hahaha

Top Bottom