Hey Maxwell!

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope, can’t be bothered.
wiT a name LiKe DaZZLeR u sure Sound BorinG... guess that HaPPeNs wheN youR standing in QuicK - SanD aLL DaY... MeoW !!! HeY caN someone ThroW me a RoPE I'm SiNKinG FasT... Huh !! who could be Bothered... beeP !! beeP !!! JusT another WaNKeR !! nothing Ta see Here... LeTs move on ... ALoHa !!! HeYman DaZZLeR should change his name Ta SiR - sTuCK - A - LoT... Heard that's how he SLeDs ... QuicKSaND would be Proud !!! Hahaa

Last edited:

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is the gospel truth, I ride Chrisco's sled tons when he is wheezing and coughing up blood and I steal Niners sled all the time when he is off playing with himself trying to figure out his sexuality and I will state this to be true to myself being the doo owner and now infected with the doo virus. 1 the polaris is an amazing sled that grows on me every time I ride it, no real complaints other than the ****ty track and rear shock, pretty minor and I would own one in a heartbeat, 2 The Alpha feels like a hooker on cocaine, get on it and hang on for dear life cuz you never really know where you will end up cuz its crazy responsive in the handling and it is so damn efficient that we are always amazed how well it does in every snow condition. 3 My doo, it took me 3 rides to start liking it and no complaints, not even the t motion affects me which I thought would, great power, no bogs ever, and the floatation is amazing, not trying to sound like a braggart but I can even ride with Maxwell and sort of keep up! The best part of our group, including Dragonweld is that we all criticize our sleds in a positive way and we are all competitive so we keep pushing each other, next trip out Crisco and Dragonweld will be duking it out for king of the hill and I will be sitting at the bottom trying to help Niner with his gender confusion.
Pretty good assessment. Really good view on the alpha, my heart races some days then I just fall over cause it’s tippy. Could easily convert to Polaris but then would have to become somewhat of a drug addict for being so cat loyle all these years. Why is this comparison even with the doo turbo. And yes everyone has to try out any sled with a turbo, even better being factory with warranty, as good as it gets. Great job to ski-doo!

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m gonna give this a try...

Attachments

• 229EBB7B-3632-4002-9AD3-606645BE7D73.jpeg
    229EBB7B-3632-4002-9AD3-606645BE7D73.jpeg
    145.2 KB · Views: 406

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took care of that weeks ago. The “add to ignore list” button is a beautiful feature.
awe that's nice ...wasn't sure if u were a TRoLLeR or a sTocKeR ... SmeLLs liKe u have acT-TiV-A-Tea Daa-FiSH-iNN-Sea Dis-odouR... Cause man your breath ain't making iT... TalK Ta DocToR FraNK - iNN - puFFs about that boozZzeY breath... And nurse PiMPLE PisToN poPPeR... Maybe she can PuT ya Ta WorK... HeYman keep your hands off her beautifuL buTToNs u dirTy BiRD u .. ALoHa !!! Fishermans friend would be Proud !!!... arrrhh PisToNBroKe We said puLL up the anchoR not puLL ouT youR WanKeR... eYe !! eYe !! CapTaiN-HighLineR.. Hahaa !!!

Last edited:

Lester777

Reaction score
Lmao!!! Those guys wouldnt know what a real mtn sled if the roost from it slapped them in the face!!! Liberals

We would be happy to come ride with you sometime, pretty confident we could keep up. And no we are not liberals. I stand behind my brothers opinions on these sleds, I've ridden both, at everything up to 11K and yes the power is great at higher elevation on the Turbo. However if it were my money Id take the Polaris, reduced weight and the ($4850 CDN, $3650 USD based on 163/165 3" on both) extra cash in my pocket. Funny how we used to get bashed just a few years back for being "Ski-Doo Biased".

AJ

Lester777

Reaction score
Well actually that is a 2021 with 2020 colours and graphics unless they lied to us. They didn't have 2021 coloration finalized and produced so they gave us a 2021 that looked that way end of last year in West Yellowstone.

Lester777

Reaction score
It's actually my brother Luke who did this story but I'd be happy to pass on your comments and he can reply. I will say that Polaris didn't give us anything to say the things in the story, and Polaris Mountain Marketshare is actually growing not shrinking. They have been #1 in the mountains multiple years recently and thats part of the reason I believe Ski-Doo went forwards with with Turbo project, will be interesting to see if 2021 shows any change in Market share. I don't believe he ever negated the fact the Turbo is strong at altitude, if it weren't it would be a waste of development. The argument to me is price, weight and time spent where the turbo really shines. The manufacturers told us the majority of their mountain riders stay below 7000 feet the majority of the time, their words not ours. With that said, based off their "average rider" I'd suggest the sled thats got great power, the best weight and almost $5k Canadian left in your pocket. If you're a 7k+ rider, then the turbo will have great advantages, no doubt. However when the manufacturers tell you where their sleds are used most, we speak to that market. I can respect the disagreements if your a high altitude rider, we love debating anything sled related for sure.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not what you would call a Doo fan but that show was biased as hell.
Could have sworn he said the base starting point for the doo was 155hp for the said calculations, think that number was the low number for the old 800.
Don't think dry weight starts off the same on both sleds, the Poo is still definatly way lighter than the Doo.
This time I will cast my vote with Maxwell and Caper, more believable than that TV episode.

:twocents:

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We would be happy to come ride with you sometime, pretty confident we could keep up. And no we are not liberals. I stand behind my brothers opinions on these sleds, I've ridden both, at everything up to 11K and yes the power is great at higher elevation on the Turbo. However if it were my money Id take the Polaris, reduced weight and the ($4850 CDN, $3650 USD based on 163/165 3" on both) extra cash in my pocket. Funny how we used to get bashed just a few years back for being "Ski-Doo Biased".

AJ
Welcome to Snowandmud. Enjoy the show.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not what you would call a Doo fan but that show was biased as hell.
Could have sworn he said the base starting point for the doo was 155hp for the said calculations, think that number was the low number for the old 800.
Don't think dry weight starts off the same on both sleds, the Poo is still definatly way lighter than the Doo.
This time I will cast my vote with Maxwell and Caper, more believable than that TV episode.

:twocents:
This is because people only hear what they want. Pretty sure it said that the HP to weight compensation calculation based on 5lb/hp EQUATES to a sea level comparison starting point of 155 vs 168 hp. Meaning the fat ol' doo at 50lbs heavier gets a 10hp penalty. Meaning the 165 stated hp is actually 155hp when comparing apples to apples.

Hey, don't care either way, but they never said the doo only has a 155hp engine.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's actually my brother Luke who did this story but I'd be happy to pass on your comments and he can reply. I will say that Polaris didn't give us anything to say the things in the story, and Polaris Mountain Marketshare is actually growing not shrinking. They have been #1 in the mountains multiple years recently and thats part of the reason I believe Ski-Doo went forwards with with Turbo project, will be interesting to see if 2021 shows any change in Market share. I don't believe he ever negated the fact the Turbo is strong at altitude, if it weren't it would be a waste of development. The argument to me is price, weight and time spent where the turbo really shines. The manufacturers told us the majority of their mountain riders stay below 7000 feet the majority of the time, their words not ours. With that said, based off their "average rider" I'd suggest the sled thats got great power, the best weight and almost $5k Canadian left in your pocket. If you're a 7k+ rider, then the turbo will have great advantages, no doubt. However when the manufacturers tell you where their sleds are used most, we speak to that market. I can respect the disagreements if your a high altitude rider, we love debating anything sled related for sure.

Can you ask your brother where the 155 baseline for the 165T came from. Throws his calculations off significantly

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is because people only hear what they want. Pretty sure it said that the HP to weight compensation calculation based on 5lb/hp EQUATES to a sea level comparison starting point of 155 vs 168 hp. Meaning the fat ol' doo at 50lbs heavier gets a 10hp penalty. Meaning the 165 stated hp is actually 155hp when comparing apples to apples.

Hey, don't care either way, but they never said the doo only has a 155hp engine.

Thanks, my GF says I don’t listen well either

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

AJ

Sigh.... I dont know how you could even defend that review. You have damage control on all major forums.
Im all for a good review, and could actually care less on the outcome of one. But the math, and BS remarks associated with it that ended up in that review. Im not sure who your expected audience is, teenagers?

Reduce the weight? sure lighter is Nicer, but Id prefer the HP, and unfortunately your comparing a turbo price VS a NA price.
Lets get the sleds in 4 ft of powder, not hero snow I seen in that review and see how fast the lighter sled will go in that powder,

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Well if thats the case, my turbo doo has not had a problem outclimbing NA polaris sleds. Not bad for being heavier and with less HP than a polaris. Lol I guess polaris doesn’t need a turbo or a better track. Polaris guys are putting doos track on cause the 2.75 is junk.

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sigh.... I dont know how you could even defend that review. You have damage control on all major forums.
Im all for a good review, and could actually care less on the outcome of one. But the math, and BS remarks associated with it that ended up in that review. Im not sure who your expected audience is, teenagers?

Reduce the weight? sure lighter is Nicer, but Id prefer the HP, and unfortunately your comparing a turbo price VS a NA price.
Lets get the sleds in 4 ft of powder, not hero snow I seen in that review and see how fast the lighter sled will go in that powder,

If you prefer HP than why aren't you riding a Sidewinder, they will make both those sleds look silly if we are just taking about a straight up pull in 4 feet of fresh. So weight only matter if we compare it to 4 stroke weight, but no longer is important when comparing a turbo do to the lighter 2 strokes. Got it. Just trying to keep up gets hard with all these new Doolaid rules.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you prefer HP than why aren't you riding a Sidewinder, they will make both those sleds look silly if we are just taking about a straight up pull in 4 feet of fresh. So weight only matter if we compare it to 4 stroke weight, but no longer is important when comparing a turbo do to the lighter 2 strokes. Got it. Just trying to keep up gets hard with all these new Doolaid rules.

There is a max a weight limit. Similar to a friday night at the bar, some of the heavier machines perform better than the skinnier machines but you wouldnt be caught dead with the biggest ones, at least not in front of your friends.

Its not so much the overall weight of the sidewinder thats unattractive, its the position of the weight. IF they could get it into a current chassis and centralize the mass better it would be more competitive, however you cant snowcheck a 2022 Sidewinder so we really cant even discuss it at this point in time.

rmk600700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
AJ, don’t take the negativity on this forum to heart. I’m sure all these negative attitudes are just a reflection of the keyboard warriors that are jealous you guys get to live the dream and ride for a living. I know I am envious of your job!! That being said I appreciate all the work you guys put into the reviews. I put a lot of value into the opinions expressed and have seen good reviews from all OEM’s. I have said for years if I have the skill set to put an etec in a polaris chasis it would be the ultimate sled. I wish we could pick what we like from each manufacturer and custom order a sled with those features. Since we can’t each individual just has to decide what is most important to them and just get out and ride instead of whining about someone else’s preference. Keep up the reviews coming as I’m sure there are many that appreciate it and even those that don’t are obviously still watching. Hope everyone at snow trax and supertrax has a good winter on the snow!

Top Bottom