Hey guys got some questions

R

Ryan Verrecchia

I'm thinking about turbo I'd be getting the boondocker kit with the quick spooling turbo and tial exhaust. I'd be running straight av gas around 8-10 psi. And I'd like to know if I should get an intercooler or not I'm into the trees so I'm wondering about the better response with out one. I wouldn't be doing any long pulls with maybe like 10 seconds I guess not over 30 seconds for sure. I'd be at sea level to 4,000 feet if it makes any difference

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about turbo I'd be getting the boondocker kit with the quick spooling turbo and tial exhaust. I'd be running straight av gas around 8-10 psi. And I'd like to know if I should get an intercooler or not I'm into the trees so I'm wondering about the better response with out one. I wouldn't be doing any long pulls with maybe like 10 seconds I guess not over 30 seconds for sure. I'd be at sea level to 4,000 feet if it makes any difference

IMO I wouldn't waste money on the tial kit, it is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. As for turbo I would also look at the GT2860 and GTX2863, they will flow a little more air than a GTX2860 and support higher boost better, with the GTX2863 being the best at this, all 3 run the same turbine and spoolup will be essentially the same when the throttle is whacked wide open. As for intercooler, I'm not a believer in the air/air cooler, so that would leave the water/air cooler, as I believe an intercooler is an essential component of any turbo setup. You may get away without one if there are no long WOT pulls, but I would put one in if it was me.

But I would also check out Boost-It, as I have seen a couple Boondocker sleds where the user was constantly switching maps to get them to run right.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

dosent sound like you really need a air cooler. i have a boondocker low boost turbo setup never had any issues with their kit.
my motor wore out and the kit is still good to go.

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if your going to be running 8-10 pounds get an intercooler without a doubt.

Top Bottom