Hey Ford

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hows that aluminum thing workin for ya ???

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 440

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe that's why they have the highest truck sales right now. Insurance companies are replacing them as fast as they build them....lol

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the seat belts are anchored to the door post right, thats probably gonna be tough on the occupant !!!!

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would be interesting to have some details as to WTF happened. Looks like the passenger compartment was OK and that is what they are ALL designed for. Doesn't take much to write off a new vehicle. Might as well make the write off job easy for the appraiser :)

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
think of nascar the car will crumble apart all around the driver and the drivers cockpit will be ok and the driver walks away. the engineers i beleive are trying to make the vehicle to come apart and obsorb the impact instead of being like a solid hit.and the occupant getting hurt.if the vehicle crumbles apart it obsorbs the impact making less injury for occupants. but i think they are making the vehicles too weak and every little impact will be a written off vehicle. insurance will be going up from vehicles being replaced instead of repaired,less work for body shops

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hit a deer with my ram 1500 2 months ago. Was $10000 to fix it. Doesn't take much anymore.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The company I used to work for mounted there own mudflap design on a 2010 1 ton dodge and I was backing up and the mudflap slowly and I heard a noise and the front fender had crumbled. I am a surveyor and profiled the small hole i and it was not that big. the fender was actually pulled on to the top of tire. we looked for tools to bend it back and i actually did it by hand. 3 other identical incidents all ready happened so every truck was called back the mud flaps converted back to stock as well and running boards installed. The first design was a cheap way to protect the paint. But my main point is you would be surprised how flimsy the fenders are on this supposedly HD truck.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kinda figured you'd be hanging around in here... Lol
Mine is an old steel truck. They'll all be aluminum shortly though the weight savings translates into too much fuel savings to ignore.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't wait til they have to eat crow on the brick drop into the bed ads
I ran into an article some were were the sales were so slow on chev's and the dicounts so large that they were wondering where the profits where going to come from. In this same article they mention the brick drop ad and ford sales are still better with more profit.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran into an article some were were the sales were so slow on chev's and the dicounts so large that they were wondering where the profits where going to come from. In this same article they mention the brick drop ad and ford sales are still better with more profit.
I think Rick posted that on here

Top Bottom