Here's one for the experienced?

what the!

Reaction score
My brother was driving my 03 Polaris Vertical Escape in a feild with a foot of powder when the sled came to a dead stop. The engine and clutch were fine it was almost like the track binded up. When him and his buddy got it moving again they brought it back to the house. The track has a ripe in it that tore a lug off and went so deep the track needs to be replaced. the runners are bent so the back wheel is off the ground by at least 3", and they are bent outward about a 1/2 inch in the middle. Any ideas of what could of happened? He said he was doing about 30 km/hr and the track was not wratching. I want to put a 16" track on this beast will it fit on the original set up or is there some mods i need to do to the runners or suspension set up. Could the bearings in the drive shaft cause this? Do i now have to check the bearing in the drive Shaft and Jackshaft or should the bee alright. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Almost sounds af if the tip of the skid stabbed through the track. Is the front of the skid bent at all? Or he hit something that stabbed through the track and stopped it. You have extrovert drivers on that sled?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Almost sounds af if the tip of the skid stabbed through the track. Is the front of the skid bent at all? Or he hit something that stabbed through the track and stopped it. You have extrovert drivers on that sled?

thats what happened to my last one, the rail went thru the tracks, I went over the handle bars, and cursed.....

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats what happened to my last one, the rail went thru the tracks, I went over the handle bars, and cursed.....
Watched 162 wizzy do that exact same thing a few years ago......funny to watch but potentially dangerous and always expensive...

what the!

Reaction score
Never thought of that, but judging from the location of the damage to the track thats what happened. I dropped the limiter strap and tightened the track back up, could it be that i left the track a little to lose. Yes it has Extroverts. Thanks for the insight guys, see you one the hill a cool grand later.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never thought of that, but judging from the location of the damage to the track thats what happened. I dropped the limiter strap and tightened the track back up, could it be that i left the track a little to lose. Yes it has Extroverts. Thanks for the insight guys, see you one the hill a cool grand later.

How smart is your brother? any chance you can convince him it's his fault and get him to pay for it?:smiliestirthepot::devildancing::devildancing:
I believe that there is an anti stab kit you can get if you want to run your track loose. A buddy put a 16" wide track in his '01 or 02 RMK, tight squeeze but no real mods(ground down a couple of rivets)

Top Bottom