Here it comes!

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Hey BBtoys is spring clean up a big job for you guys? Whats involved? Would I be able to help? I have a quad and small trailer?
Never been to your neck of the woods after the snow is gone! But have no problems driving the 5hrs to help out!!

OLIVE DRAB DEAN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats when you whip out your camera and take some pics of those guys, there trash excetera and post them on here. Seriously the more we make it known that that kind of behavior is not acceptable the less we will see of it eventually. :mad:

That's a good idea, post their pic's! It will be like displaying a NSF cheque for all to see!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i didnt get pics. but they drive one of these trucks lol. but not the one on the far right. thats oen of ours

actually i think its all of them there was about 6 or 8

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
scotts it almost looks like you should be on a heli ski forum

all iam saying is the bitter truth. dont get me wrong i love the mountains and have been riding there now for over twenty years. I own property in BC that will be pretty much worthless without snowmobiling. I am pretty much fed up though with a lot of the people riding now. there seem to be a real lack of respect for other riders, the local townfolk and the enviroment.As well as this strange sense of i'll do what i want sense of entitlement out there.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
i didnt get pics. but they drive one of these trucks lol. but not the one on the far right. thats oen of ours

actually i think its all of them there was about 6 or 8

Kind of off topic but the conditions don't look too bad!! I see the first truck has Alberta plates.:nono: Too bad! Next time we'll get a clear shot and post it up!! :beer:;)

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
varda isnt a club but..

but donations at varda go farther than a snowmobile club can take your $$.

goes directly into the mountain, trails, cabins, grooming, new areas, fighting the greenies.

varda has guys like curtis that do that all day. fight the government and try to expland our riding areas or keep the ones we have and maintain them.

if everyone made a decent donation every year to places like varda it would go alot farther.

As Maxwell and BBToys have stated joining an association like VARDA, ABCSC, the McBride Snowmobile Club, or the Blue River Powerpackers is definatley the first place to start.

VARDA doesnt fight with the government, but we work with them to try to find suitable solutions that will please everyone and keep our sport flourishing well into the future. We have to give credit to the snowmobile community as in the last few years compliance with wildlife closures and other regulations have improved significantly. We must act as ambassadors for our sport, on the mountain and off and must start policing ourselves. You may not always be the most liked, but if everyone did it, your kids should be snowmobiling in the same places you are today.

We will be selling VARDA and ABCSC memberships at next years Edmonton Snow Show, please stop by and sign up.

We will also be beginning our sponsorship drive in early august for the 2009 / 2010 season. We have great local support and this year gained some good support from some Alberta businesses such as: Martin Equipment, Riverside Yamaha and Suzuki, Absolute Power and Performance and Elk Island Sales this type of support goes a very long way within our association and with user numbers down severely this season, these sponsorships insure that we will always have someone around to work on the current issues.

Curtis

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kind of off topic but the conditions don't look too bad!! I see the first truck has Alberta plates.:nono: Too bad! Next time we'll get a clear shot and post it up!! :beer:;)

meh its the internet lol

conditions were awesome

check out the valemount updates thread there are some pics i put up

anyways...snowmobile clubs!!:d

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I am sorry but I haven't got the low down on VARDA. What is it? It appears it fights for land use, administers grooming contracts, etc. Is VARDA under a provincial umbrella or a stand alone? Maybe Curtis could chime in and explain it to us all.

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes i will once again call out the guy last weekend....

who while i was driving past the dixon glacier info sign just happened to notice him

KICKING IT DOWN!! and i stoped him and said "wtf are you doing the glacier is open"...he replies.."OH i didnt want to get in trouble".

first of all. if its closed its closed. stay off. and just because you beat down the sign doesnt mean your "in the clear".

IT WAS open.

and i was the only one on the mountain besides his group. when i got back to my gas cans i found all there emtys scattered around my gas cans.

Good on ya! I think part of the problem is Canadians don't like to upset the applecart and chime in to tune up the ftards out there ruining it for everyone else.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Good on ya! I think part of the problem is Canadians don't like to upset the applecart and chime in to tune up the ftards out there ruining it for everyone else.

Yes, that in a nut shell is a lot of the problem....we would rather walk away from confrontation even when we are right.

Curtis, or somebody, can you please explain what VARDA is?

lexy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is another article Mike has interviewed for. He has been all over CBC radio today too

Call for backcountry B.C. snowmobile ban

You should read all the comments also. It seems that he is not getting the support that he would like from the government.

Last edited:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link lexy, I posted to the artcile as "twisted" cause that's what I was when typing. Sorry if I stole some one's name temporarily. I stand by my statement that Mike is a POS SCUMBAG!!!!!

Top Bottom