Here is the latest from your NDP in Alberta

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny how this was supposed to apply to everyone, yet there are pages of exemptions in this document and of course Indians are exempt on this tax.

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya and i see they could be exempt from this didnt realize their rides run on air

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i doubt their chevys or ford dont use oil and gas like ours, i say they can be exempt but get on foot then

SamStorm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Of course, can't have the special interest groups paying taxes...

SamStorm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya and i see they could be exempt from this didnt realize their rides run on air

They must. They were exempt from the OHV ban during the wildfires this year as well. Guess their vehicles cannot start fires for some reason?.....

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They must. They were exempt from the OHV ban during the wildfires this year as well. Guess their vehicles cannot start fires for some reason?.....

Didn't the actually start a fire around Edmonton some place during a cleansing ceremony

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't forget the NDP is also in our schools brainwashing our children.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't forget the NDP is also in our schools brainwashing our children.

That's a bit much, but if they are closing power plants is it because the new ones are more efficient, guessing they are natural gas, or where is the power coming from? BC?

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's a bit much, but if they are closing power plants is it because the new ones are more efficient, guessing they are natural gas, or where is the power coming from? BC?

YHou have to be kidding. She want's Albertan's to go broke with wind power like Ontario.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
YHou have to be kidding. She want's Albertan's to go broke with wind power like Ontario.

No I am seriously asking, obviously wind and solar isn't yet viable so where is the power going to come from?

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The NDP will be out in a couple of years .... Things will get back to normal & yes that will include coal plants back on line ...
While the NDP reel out these crazy ideas , time after time ,they are not even savy enough to realize that .... They will never be around to see them come to fruition.
Sadly , the taxpayers will be on the hook to pay for their financial blunders though....
For many years to come .

But , in BC I am pretty sure this is not news to you folks....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are coal plants coming back a good thing? Why not convert them to natural gas? Once things close like that rarely do they reopen.

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are coal plants coming back a good thing? Why not convert them to natural gas? Once things close like that rarely do they reopen.

Coal plants have a life expectancy of so many years I believe it's around 45. They can apply for extensions that may be granted depending on the power demand and the new producers that have come on line. old coal plants do emit a lot of pollution as the technology was not that great for capturing pollutants as no one cared. The newer plants like everything new is going to be better. The new plants west of ed are pretty enviro friendly for the amount of power they put out. The keephill 3 power plant come on line in 2012 ish and produces around 500 mw on coal. When they switch to gas I believe they can only produce around 300. Those numbers may not be exact but are close.
When I worked for trans Alta if we had units go down because of the heat there would be rolling black outs because the albert power companies could not produce enough to keep everyone's lights on. Alberta also would import power from bc and Montana but they only have so much to spare power.
The thing with power is if it's cheap industry will boom if it's expensive industry will move. It takes years for power plants to be planned, built and come on line. The ndp will be long gone before they can push coal out.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SWAT : Why close them in the first place ? HELLO....
You do realize there have been tremendous progress to clean up coal fired electricity in the recent times .
And of course we have no immediate infrastructure in place to replace the jobs and energy lost ...
Or the fact , we could see power rates double like in Ontario ...
On a side note , a friend works there ... He pays 56 k a year in TAX currently. Soon he will collect EI.

Now X that by all the employees that will be out of work ....
Yes the coal
Plants are a good idea , spend some money to make them more eco friendly / in R&D.
But for fawks sake why close them down with no viable alternative in place ???????

Last edited:

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That was my question, why are they closing, "just because" isn't much of a answers. If they are turning off the power it has to come from some place, ie switching over to natural gas, importing from BC or as mentioned Montana, or are they shutting them off because the new ones are more efficient and there is no longer a need for them.

On a side note: if your friend is paying 56k a year in tax that puts him in the 200k range. Hopefully he has saved some.
SWAT : Why close them in the first place ? HELLO....
You do realize there have been tremendous progress to clean up coal fired electricity in the recent times .
And of course we have no immediate infrastructure in place to replace the jobs and energy lost ...
Or the fact , we could see power rates double like in Ontario ...
On a side note , a friend works there ... He pays 56 k a year in TAX currently. Soon he will collect EI.

Now X that by all the employees that will be out of work ....
Yes the coal
Plants are a good idea , spend some money to make them more eco friendly / in R&D.
But for fawks sake why close them down with no viable alternative in place ???????

Top Bottom