Help

bruteforce650

Reaction score
Today i went for a qucik ride in the mud. It first started off as my belt slipping when it got under torque, Any one know why this would happen? then on the last mud hole on the way home it would not engage into 4 wheel drive? I have no idea why it would be doing this. Anyone have any input? Oh and it on a 07 kawi brute force 650i

Sofa king

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds to me like you cooked your belt. Did you get water inside the housing?
Using low gear in the bad stuff will help prevent the belt from slipping. Once it gets glossy you need to replace it.

crisscross1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are you sure it was the belt and not the wet clutch, I will be the first to say I don't know brute machines but Suzuki's is a different story. Just giving you something else to think about when you take the cover off and notice that the belt is fine, good luck. And for the 4x4 not working isn't that done with an electric actuator, I would check the wiring at the source.

bruteforce650

Reaction score
ok thanks guys. But the belt was slipping last year pretty bad, i couldnt climb the littlest hill, so i did put a new belt on it and it was even worse with the new one, i couldnt even move the machine hardly. So i put the old belt on and it was fine for a ride or 2 than it statred doing it again.

tomanytoysnotnuftime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it's time to take it all apart and clean, lube and check some clearances along with checking belt deflection. The 4x4 is vacuum actuated, so I would check vacuum lines or the cable could be seized. Good luck

rpm hinton

Reaction score
Website
www.rockyperformancemachines.com
if your belt is slipping then its time to have them serviced & have your belt deflection set. as for your 4x4 theres a # of things to check for first check your fuses & wires under the fuse box, sometime they r so badly corroded they fall off. then check the speed sensor by the right footwell behind the clutch cover.when you start your machine does the engine brake actuator cycle or is there dead silence, if u dont hear it go back to the fuses and start testing for power,this actuator should cycle whenever you turn the key on & off. good luck

Top Bottom