Help with dpm solenoid test 670x

reaper020

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ski doo dpm solenoids do both vibrate ?

Hi guys I am trouble shooting my dpm system on my 98 summit 670. Does anyone know what happens when you connect 12v to your 2 solenoids. I tried this test and I am confused as to what the results should be according to the manual. One vibrates and the other just makes a click. Is that correct or are they both supposed to vibrate?

reaper020

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No posts yet still hopen someone has done this test. any one bored and want to check there machine all you have to do is unplug the solenoid and hook it up to 12v power source and check both. If your close enough to meet me I'll throw in a beer or two for the trouble.:)

Doo799

Reaction score
The top solenoid is the enrichment solenoid and the bottom solenoid is the compensating solenoid.Both of the solenoids should click when hooked to 12v. To check the enrichment solenoid disconnect the the temp sensor on the airbox which makes the sled think it's -20 c start the sled and hold the solenoid and it should vibrate as soon as the engine starts. Then try the compensating solenoid . Hook everything back up and with the air temp sensor at room temp run the sled at 3500 rpm and the solenoid should vibrate in your hand.Kinda long but I hope it helps you out.

reaper020

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The top solenoid is the enrichment solenoid and the bottom solenoid is the compensating solenoid.Both of the solenoids should click when hooked to 12v. To check the enrichment solenoid disconnect the the temp sensor on the airbox which makes the sled think it's -20 c start the sled and hold the solenoid and it should vibrate as soon as the engine starts. Then try the compensating solenoid . Hook everything back up and with the air temp sensor at room temp run the sled at 3500 rpm and the solenoid should vibrate in your hand.Kinda long but I hope it helps you out.

This is the part that I am un sure on ("Both of the solenoids should click when hooked to 12v") If i got the same results on both I would think they are ok. but when i did this test i got diffrent results. one vibrated on 12v and the other solenoid just clicked. so I was wondering is it only clicking because that is what it does or should it vibrate like the other one.
I was hopeing someone had done the test and could tell me what there solenoids did. I haven't been able to do the other test because I don't have a heated garage to test at 20deg. and I am a little unsure how to remove the solenoids and reinstall them. in the manual the photo of the dpm that shows the procedure is diffrent then mine also. mine is aluminum and the one on the photo is plastic and the solenoids are in a diffrent location.
?????

Top Bottom