Help Please

BrandonSK

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone could help me out.

Specs:
02 RMK 800 Vertical Edge
Sno-stuff can
Stock except for the can

When I start the sled it idles fine, once it is warmed up and ready to go, once you start riding it almost feels like its running on 1 cylinder. The plugs are in good shape since I just replaced them, has great spark. at wide open throttle it will only rev to 6000rpm and no more, and its just gutless, I only run premium gas. Im hoping someone could help!!

Brandon

GRD

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone could help me out.

Specs:
02 RMK 800 Vertical Edge
Sno-stuff can
Stock except for the can

When I start the sled it idles fine, once it is warmed up and ready to go, once you start riding it almost feels like its running on 1 cylinder. The plugs are in good shape since I just replaced them, has great spark. at wide open throttle it will only rev to 6000rpm and no more, and its just gutless, I only run premium gas. Im hoping someone could help!!

Brandon

Did you check the compression... Should be around the 120 mark for that sled.

BrandonSK

Reaction score
Did you check the compression... Should be around the 120 mark for that sled.

I have not yet, Im going to bring a gauge from work next week.
Anything other then compression be a problem, the sled ran great last week, a little chokey going WOT but not terrible. I took the new plugs out about 20 mins ago, they seem to be a little wet. I really hope the internals are okay cause I would hate to have to rebuild it.

Brandon

Captainkip

Reaction score
had same problem last year with the same sled. the problem was the thermostat was stuck open (sorry Im mechanically iliterate, it was the thing that threads into the head and reads the water temp) it failed and was stuck open. Popped in a new one and it was all good. When it is open it thinks its over temp and retards the engine.

Yup I was retarted hehehehhehehhehheeehehehe!!! hahaha!!

That could be the problem but I am not even sure that I made the 6000 rpm limit.

Or maybe you lost a jug.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
my temp sensor wire broke on my 2000 rmk and wentinto limp mode when i was on the throttel idled on 2 clilynders but ran on 1 when i was riding, i got to around 6000 rpms, cheack your temp sensors

BrandonSK

Reaction score
Thanks a ton everyone, my WTS was the problem, When I saw the temp light come on right away something was wrong, now that bitch goes like schnot!!
I was bored so I also did the thermostat just in case.

Thanks to all of you!

Top Bottom