Help Please.. Your opinion on ride area???

Quadfreak

Reaction score
Hi there Guys.. Sorry to bug ya all I know there's tons of posts in here about ride areas but instead of reading them all I wanna get your help on some ride areas all in one spot.. So here it is we are a small group from Sask who may plan to head west to Alberta for some quadding areas. We have 10 days . We have been out in Alberta a few ttimes but its been a couple years. Things change so much out there.. We love exploring and the odd challenge. We have a couple sxs's but for most part all quads. We are set up for any kind of terrain or trail.

With that being said we are looking for a place to go that has many trails for 8 days of riding. We would love to camp by some sort of water.. River, lake etc. don't need a campground. Prefer out in the bush. We would be headed out west last week in July here till after August long..

Would love some input on some good areas these days guys. We really appreciate any help. Cheers!

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Southwest of Rocky there's a million miles of trails and a whole lot of random camping spots.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What Mike said. TONS of everything out there. It's endless out there and you're getting into the foothills, so it's nice change from prairie riding.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could also try the Cadomin/Grave Flats area south of Hinton. That will put you in the mountains - awesome!

canamgirl

Reaction score
WOW whodeanie that is cool!! I saved that link!! In regards to the post Nordegg has really nice trails, clean water, hills and camping! Always a blast when I go there!! If you go out by Boyle theres also tons of riding ( chump lake) water and camping!

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi there Guys.. Sorry to bug ya all I know there's tons of posts in here about ride areas but instead of reading them all I wanna get your help on some ride areas all in one spot.. So here it is we are a small group from Sask who may plan to head west to Alberta for some quadding areas. We have 10 days . We have been out in Alberta a few ttimes but its been a couple years. Things change so much out there.. We love exploring and the odd challenge. We have a couple sxs's but for most part all quads. We are set up for any kind of terrain or trail.

With that being said we are looking for a place to go that has many trails for 8 days of riding. We would love to camp by some sort of water.. River, lake etc. don't need a campground. Prefer out in the bush. We would be headed out west last week in July here till after August long..

Would love some input on some good areas these days guys. We really appreciate any help. Cheers!

We are headed out to nordegg area and big horn dam next week weekend........ Decent quadding and free camping. If you want to tagg along or just stop by and say hi if you go out that way......also not far from Caroline and rocky mountain house areas....... Cheers!

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
gotta check the srd website as a lot of trails around bighorn have been closed, very wet conditions

Top Bottom