help on 2008 m1000

m1000db

Reaction score
I put a D&D pipe, ypipe, boondocker on my 2008 m1000. Took it in to dons speed parts in wainwright to have it professionally tuned. Bring it home runs awesome.
Finally enough snow to go for a ride today get it out and it is missing when i get full throttle. Is -20 today so i am wondering if that tuning that was done at -5 needs to be changed?
Also wondering at what RPM's hits the rev limiter?

hmmc

Reaction score
Check the plugs where the boondocker hooks to the injectors. One if mine pushed back when it was installed and sort of did the same thing. Unhooked the box and it ran good but hot. Or bypass the boondocker to see if thats the problem. Just be carefull not to get it to hot.

Captain Undies

Reaction score
It would have to be an issue with one of the wires connecting to your injectors coming from the boon docker. The temp outside should have no bearing on whether you have a miss at full throttle. Your sled should run @ 7800 rpm i believe at full throttle if your clutching is set right, any higher and you are doing nothing,.....revving any lower tha 7000 at full and your not in your power band

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you using egts? I have been messing with my 08 M1000 (slp pipe set and pcv) at low and high elevation and have found that my sleds ecu overcompensates at low elevation and will run fat enough that it puts a cylinder out. It is quite obvious because 1 cylinder will start to run much cooler than the other and sled will run like crap. At elevation it runs fine. Good chance that you need to lean it out a little. If you dont have egts i would get some.

mphfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put a D&D pipe, ypipe, boondocker on my 2008 m1000. Took it in to dons speed parts in wainwright to have it professionally tuned. Bring it home runs awesome.
Finally enough snow to go for a ride today get it out and it is missing when i get full throttle. Is -20 today so i am wondering if that tuning that was done at -5 needs to be changed?

Theres not much snow so you might be spinning hitting your rev limiter????

m1000db

Reaction score
thanks, i will check the wires< but im almost thinking it could be clutching? i was very close to 8k when it misses

Slammer85

Reaction score
All your doing is hitting your rev limiter. I have the exact same set up and it happened to me until i added a little weight to the primary.Around home i run 86 grams and in the hills 82 with yellow/white primary spring and dalton weights and a straight 36 d and d helix with rock rollers and the shift assist. Also have cold fusion nitrous and the thing rocks!!!!!

m1000db

Reaction score
so when I hit the rev limiter it would sound like its missing? never had it happen before?

Slammer85

Reaction score
Ya i cant say 100% forsure because personally i havent seen your sled but thats what my sled was doing before i had it set up right added some weight and the problem was gone. Your best bet would be to add some weight bring the rpm's down and see if you still have the same problem. With that pipe your running you should be around 7700 to 7750

killerrf

Reaction score
on my m1000 ive been running 80 gram cat weights, 120/267 cat yellow/green pri spring with delron slick spring washers, straight 40 cat helix with shift assist and cat orange spring with hi torque rollers. ive also geared down to 55/65. i was using the 060 belt and my rpms were in that 7610 to 7670 rpms. i tried the 046 belt and rpms moved up to 7700-7780 rpm. do think the 060 belt bites the clutches harder and pulls harder but 046 stays a little more consistent as it heats up. im going to try some heavier weights and spring in the primary as sleliuk1 has on his 1000 and seems to run great also. just to see how much of a difference i notice between a heavy and lighter setup. this is at home... 2200
im running a pc3 and seems to " there " whenever i nail the throttle at any time.

i guess i forgot to add that im using full slp pipe set and cutler cold air intake.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On my M1000 i run different clutching than most kinda. I run a RK TEK sec clutch kit 38/36 helix, cat gold primary spring and about 83.5grams weight in primary. I use the 046 belt. Mine pulls at 7800-7850 all day long no issues, the biggest thing i like is for the mountains the clutches engage nice and soft and smooth for when in the tree's or the deep stuff. My clutches engage at 2800 and pulls away nice and smooth, and i definitely doesn't have any issues pulling from rpm. From engagement on it pulls like a freight train on roids. And it has stock gearing, looking at doing some testing with gearing it up.

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

take sum fuel out on top and u well be good same thing happen with my 2010 m8 had to much fuel on top at wide open took sum fuel out and its runs good now and when its was doing it, sound like i was hitting the rev limit but i was not i was only at 7800....

McCAT

Reaction score
On my M1000 i run different clutching than most kinda. I run a RK TEK sec clutch kit 38/36 helix, cat gold primary spring and about 83.5grams weight in primary. I use the 046 belt. Mine pulls at 7800-7850 all day long no issues, the biggest thing i like is for the mountains the clutches engage nice and soft and smooth for when in the tree's or the deep stuff. My clutches engage at 2800 and pulls away nice and smooth, and i definitely doesn't have any issues pulling from rpm. From engagement on it pulls like a freight train on roids. And it has stock gearing, looking at doing some testing with gearing it up.

Hey Glen, let me know how the gearing works out for you. If its worth it I will get you to install it and an RKTek clutch kit on my M1000. We will be coming to Mcbride a few days before MM4. Either way I want you to put the clutch kit on. :beer:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Glen, let me know how the gearing works out for you. If its worth it I will get you to install it and an RKTek clutch kit on my M1000. We will be coming to Mcbride a few days before MM4. Either way I want you to put the clutch kit on. :beer:

Yah you bet. No problem. I will be riding for MM4 myself and will have my kitty out for a rip.

Top Bottom