Help Needed In Hinton!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My niece spent Christmas skiing and on her way up here today the serpentine belt let go near Jasper on her Equinox. she has found a belt in Hinton and is getting her vehicle towed there, but she has no tools and shops are closed. all she will need is someone with a flex handle and socket to be able to move the tensioner pulley to allow the belt to be installed. If anyone in the area can help out a young girl it would be much appreciated, she is on her way to our house for post-Christmas dinner.

Thanks,

Troy.

rebel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How far from Jasper? Did she try the after hrs number for napa in Jasper?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How far from Jasper? Did she try the after hrs number for napa in Jasper?
some locals stopped and picked her up and took her to Jasper, they tried to find a belt there with no success. called into Hinton and someone there has one, so that's where she's headed now.

rebel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh ok. Yeah web says napa Jasper Iss open today. Just checking to see if I could have saved her a tow bill. Im sure that whichever parts store has the belt in hinton would give her a hand. Best of luck.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just got an update, instead of towing to Hinton, they are bringing the vehicle to Jasper and driving her to Hinton to pick up a belt and heading back to Jasper to repair it.

rebel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds good. If they need a hand or tools im in town all day.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds good. If they need a hand or tools im in town all day.
in Jasper? that would be great. I'm sure it would be a 5 minute thing, those tensioners are pretty stiff, tough to do with just a wrench

rebel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
in Jasper? that would be great. I'm sure it would be a 5 minute thing, those tensioners are pretty stiff, tough to do with just a wrench
Yeah. Better with a breaker bar and socket. Even 1/2 ratchet.
Sounds like she is in good hands but I subscribed to this thread for the alerts. Just hit me up here. Im free till 5 I have to take a family member to the train station.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah. Better with a breaker bar and socket. Even 1/2 ratchet.
Sounds like she is in good hands but I subscribed to this thread for the alerts. Just hit me up here. Im free till 5 I have to take a family member to the train station.
awesome sir, thank you so much. I sent you a pm, she just called and said Canadian Tire in Hinton does not have the belt she needs. so she may have to get her dad to bring one from the city

rebel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try napa, bumper to bumper in hinton as well. Although if she tried napa jasper they would have said if they had one in Hinton

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try napa, bumper to bumper in hinton as well. Although if she tried napa jasper they would have said if they had one in Hinton
Canadian Tire in Hinton was the only place open I guess. now she's thinking of leaving her vehicle in Jasper for a few days and catching a ride up here and repairing it when she gets back there on monday. sounds like her dad isn't really keen on having to drive to Jasper.

rebel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Canadian Tire in Hinton was the only place open I guess. now she's thinking of leaving her vehicle in Jasper for a few days and catching a ride up here and repairing it when she gets back there on monday. sounds like her dad isn't really keen on having to drive to Jasper.
Bastages. Im around monday.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tow truck brought the Equinox to Jasper, I asked the niece to check alternator and water pump pulleys to make sure there wasn't a reason the belt blew off and sure enough, the idler bearing piled up and blew apart the plastic pulley. her dad brought parts to Jasper this morning but got the wrong idler. he loaded up the vehicle and is hauling it to the city for repairs.

thanks for your gracious offer rebel, it was certainly appreciated!

rebel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tow truck brought the Equinox to Jasper, I asked the niece to check alternator and water pump pulleys to make sure there wasn't a reason the belt blew off and sure enough, the idler bearing piled up and blew apart the plastic pulley. her dad brought parts to Jasper this morning but got the wrong idler. he loaded up the vehicle and is hauling it to the city for repairs.

thanks for your gracious offer rebel, it was certainly appreciated!
Sure no problem. Too bad parts weren't in town here to get it running yesterday.

Top Bottom