help.. looking for electrical genius.. arctic cat

tntsmallmotor

Reaction score
Ok so i have a 09 arctic cat F570 fan, the sled starts and runs great? Soon as u hit the throttle u lose spark to plugs.. I put a tester between plug and cap and at idle i have strong spark, soon as u hit throttle u lose complete spark like some one hits kill switch.... I thought tss for sure, but disconnected carb switches, and also the harness that goes to handlebars... Pulled rope same thing idles great, touch throttle and lose spark and stalls? Now if IM correct disconnection safetys bypasses them so that should eliminate all safety switches? Just for testing.. So could this problem be stator? Or am I missing something on switches? I tossed a new coil on and it didnt change anything? I know its not carbs, i had them off and cleaned, plus i can see its a spark problem......:mad:Please any suggestions be great lol. Thanks..

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have you ever had a recoil blow up on you? reason I ask is i did on a 2000 powder special and not knowing what happened it started doing the same thing yours is. I took it to the shop and mechanic said the high speed pickup is shot. "I think that's what he called it". Anyways long story short, pieces from my recoil got behind and destroyed my stator and pickup.
Or it could be the safety switch built into the throttle, pull the pin, and replace the plastic bushings.believe it's #7 on the parts list. I could be wrong though, and I don't know about bypassing the safetys like you mentioned.
Brown's Leisure World - Arctic Cat Parts Online

tntsmallmotor

Reaction score
That's what it was thinking.. The high speed pickup.. Ya I unplugged the throttle connectors so it shouldn't be tss... (unplugging should bypass it)
But IM leaning towards the stator pick up myself... So far lol thanks

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok so i have a 09 arctic cat F570 fan, the sled starts and runs great? Soon as u hit the throttle u lose spark to plugs.. I put a tester between plug and cap and at idle i have strong spark, soon as u hit throttle u lose complete spark like some one hits kill switch.... I thought tss for sure, but disconnected carb switches, and also the harness that goes to handlebars... Pulled rope same thing idles great, touch throttle and lose spark and stalls? Now if IM correct disconnection safetys bypasses them so that should eliminate all safety switches? Just for testing.. So could this problem be stator? Or am I missing something on switches? I tossed a new coil on and it didnt change anything? I know its not carbs, i had them off and cleaned, plus i can see its a spark problem......:mad:Please any suggestions be great lol. Thanks..

The problem is your throttle over ride, probably cable out of adjustment or wires not properly plugged.
You cannot just unplug and it will work, unplugging does not bypass the safety system. When you unplug the system you also need to use a bypass connector. Most Cats came with the bypass connector in their repair kits.
Its a flat 2pin connector with a wire that loops over between the two pin. That needs to be plugged into the harness if your bypassing the over ride.

Last edited:

tntsmallmotor

Reaction score
On this 09 sled, it has just one big conector between handlebars and motor, it contains handwarmers, kill switch, and safety.. So unplugging this conection does not over ride the safety switch? I know the older cat sleds have a seprate 3 prong connector that is just for that safety switch.. On the newer ones is there a way to override it for.testing?

Top Bottom