Helmets

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When are they going to get through there head to wear a helmet.I was working with this young lady today she told me goof up a she was drive her quad
a short distance from her friends didn't put her skid lid on and crashed into a tree at a high rate speed she got a concussion and stitches above her eye
she got lucky and she know it what it going to take more dead riders???:rant:

Mud Mum

Reaction score
Or a law. You need one to ride a streetbike, why doesn't it apply to atv's?

Making another law isn't going to make a difference. People will just get angry. We have a seatbelt law and a lot of people still drive around without one until they see a cop car.

I got on my soapbox on another site about helmets. One guy said that his daughter asked him why she had to wear one when he didn't. My comment to him....

"Can you imagine how scared and scarred she'd be if you had an accident and something really bad happened to you because you didn't wear a helmet....that could have been prevented if you did?"

I flipped my quad a few years back. The quad needed a lot of repairs, the helmet got pretty scratched up but my head was fine.

Call it natural selection....

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately the same mentality applies to some street riders who feel that the law should not apply to them. Their freedom to ride bare headed should be above else. The gene pool could use a little chlorine once in a while, but they don't kill themselves off right away. Too cynical? I have little tolerance for parents who do the "do as I say and not as I do" routine when it comes to basic safety. We all do things that may be construed as "unsafe" ie: doing jumps, riding fast etc, but come on, putting on a helmet, even for a short ride, won't kill you. pun intended.

Top Bottom