Helmets and Seatbelts, Do I??

Do you wear the following while operating a small motor vehicle, ATV, UTV, Dirt bike

• I always wear my helmet while riding.

Votes: 40 67.8%
  • I wear my helmet most of the time, I do take it off occasionaly and ride.

Votes: 13 22.0%
  • I don't wear a helmet.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I always wear my helmet and use the supplied seatbelt while riding a UTV

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • I sometimes forget to use the seatbelt but have the helmet on

• I dont wear a helmet while riding a utv but do buckle up

• While going on a small rip on the utv I never had a helmet so went without

• Total voters

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Do you wear your helmet when riding your small motorized vehicle?

Do you wear your seatbelt when riding in an utv?

Please answer the poll and write your comments below, I will be forwarding the stats ONLY to the media as requested after at the end of September.

Last edited:

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always wear my helmet when riding. Rode 2 wheelers in the bush for years when I was younger and helmets were used or else you didn' ride. Personally I believe that anyone on a quad, trike, utv or bike should be wearing a helmet no matter what the conditions or circumstances. The seatbelt issue I can not comment on as I have never been in a SxS and don't plan on riding in any. As a large guy I find seatbelts very uncomfortable and don't very often wear them in my vehicle for this reason but out on the trail where it is easy to be ejected as there are no sides or actual doors I can understand the importance of wearing the seatbelt while on a trail.

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes always where a helmet now. I have been ridding 17 years and even with all that expirence I have still managed to find myself getting bucked off when one least expects it. I did go 1 year with out it, trying to be the COOL guy in front of the girl. After she left I put it back on. All I remember my mother saying was "I am glad you are wearing your helmet again"

shmole

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The whole family wears protective gear (helmet, gloves, Jersey & Boots)...everything done up before any machine is started. If it is too HOT for a helmet...it's too hot to ride.
With the kids, it is automatic now....

dragonlady

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Always have a helmet and proper gear ,boots chest protector on when Im ridding. It only makes sense, accidents can happen quickly and one never knows when they are going to happen.

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got to admit that sometimes I don't wear a helmet riding the quad around the acreage.And in true hypocritical fashion,preach to my kids about the importance of riding with the safety equipment on.

Stew n' Kel

Reaction score
Both of us wear protective gear, no matter how short the ride, or how "tame" it may be. Why take the chance? We both have reasons to wanna be here tomorrow!

Cameo

Reaction score
I wear my helmet 90%, trying to convince myself to go 100%. But the motorcross style helmet is really a pain when plowing snow in the middle of the night...that's what I was telling myself anyway. But this year I am going to store my helmet on my quad...to get rid of the "it will take too long to get it from the house" excuse.

cat girl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I must admit I don't wear a helmet when moving bulls/cattle. I like to have the best vision ect when working around 2800 lb animals. I am sure someone will comment on that but I have tried both and prefer no helmet when working with animals :) That is the only time I don't wear it, always if pleasure riding (which i rarely do on a quad!) Always when sledding. Husband never on quad its only used for work and always when on his dirtbike.

rebel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I must admit I don't wear a helmet when moving bulls/cattle. I like to have the best vision ect when working around 2800 lb animals. I am sure someone will comment on that but I have tried both and prefer no helmet when working with animals :) That is the only time I don't wear it, always if pleasure riding (which i rarely do on a quad!) Always when sledding. Husband never on quad its only used for work and always when on his dirtbike.
Pleasure riding yes, and same as cat girl, when moving cattle, No I dont

shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I admit I don't when pushing snow but any other time always have it on and my kids aren't allowed to even look at them without a helmet on.

Zipp

Reaction score
I always wear a seat belt, as father government tells me. But I know of no specific helmet laws for off road vehicles, thus it must be safe to go without. I dont smoke in bars anymore either because that too is bad for me. Perhaps we need a helmet law for people like me?

Seriously, I think everyone knows what to do. I am not sure of the point of this thread? Going to the media can just open us to more debate on helmet laws, and some liberal will take the ball and run with it.

Quadster

Reaction score
Do you wear your helmet when riding your small motorized vehicle?

Do you wear your seatbelt when riding in an utv?

Please answer the poll and write your comments below, I will be forwarding the stats ONLY to the media as requested after at the end of September.
i feel that f dont have a helmet , you should not go on anything motorized. if you can affiord a helmet then you should buy a motorized anything. you are putting a price on your LIFE. no helmet , no key. that is way it should be, that is how my kids will be raised....

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always wear a seat belt, as father government tells me. But I know of no specific helmet laws for off road vehicles, thus it must be safe to go without. I dont smoke in bars anymore either because that too is bad for me. Perhaps we need a helmet law for people like me?

Seriously, I think everyone knows what to do. I am not sure of the point of this thread? Going to the media can just open us to more debate on helmet laws, and some liberal will take the ball and run with it.
If it saves the life of even one kid.............

Top Bottom