how cold -10 to -20 C
talking about the three on the home page
movies would be :cool:
already killed one videio cam to cold
real world advice please

aircanam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lithium batteries are what you need, normal AA don't work worth a chit. I ran lithiums for 2-3 days no problem, cheaped out and tried regular AA, think they worked for about 20 min. You may still have problems with lithiums below -20 though

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Here is some real world advise........yesterday it was minus 18 or better,I had my helmit cam mounted on the nose of my sled,I warmed up the cheap double a radio shack batteries inj my pocket and changed them pretty much every HOUR or so revolving three set through my nice warm pocket,every time I put a set in it was good for the whole hour without removing my camera from the nose of the sled and Im guessing I could have gort more time out of each set but no sense pushing it.This is yesterday from my cam!
If you can warm em up now and then,use any batteries!
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtKHVZjZN1s[/media]

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lithium batteries are what you need, normal AA don't work worth a chit. I ran lithiums for 2-3 days no problem, cheaped out and tried regular AA, think they worked for about 20 min. You may still have problems with lithiums below -20 though
lithium batteries are not effected by cold. their power output stays linear until they die

Top Bottom