Hells Half Acre- Closed?

Phyer Phyter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So last week I was coming home from Drayton Valley and thought I would zip into HHA just to see how it looked for winter quading. I get to the end of the road where the gate is and it is cluttered with large boulders all over the place blocking any hope of entering. It looks like the parking area was tilled up. A small sign at where the gate used to be said "Foot Traffic Only"

Is this new or am I just a little late? Anyone have any idea why it was shut down?

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were at the AB quad rally just a few weeks ago and were able to get to it from the north side from alberta beach side. Hmmm. Maybe ask Whodeanie I think he is from the area.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ahe entrance at 24 is closed. there was people camping and partying down down there and to many complaints got it closed. At least that's what i heard. kinda sucks now cause i have to ride all the way around to get into hha.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were at the AB quad rally just a few weeks ago and were able to get to it from the north side from alberta beach side. Hmmm. Maybe ask Whodeanie I think he is from the area.

I'm not sure. To tell you the truth, I don't even know the area all that well. ...I just volunteer for the Lac Ste Ann ATV club once in a while.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have heard it's closed. Too many users that didn't respect the area.

It only takes a few to ruin it for everyone and from the sounds of it that's what happened.

Party's, garbage, disrespect for the adjacent land owners i.e. gates left open, beer cans on the road, loud exhaust or machines on weekends when the resident families are at home with families trying to enjoy BBQ's and family time.

Phyer Phyter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats too bad. It doesnt surprise me that bush bashers (partiers and the 2-4 wheel kind too) got in there and wrecked it for everyone else. This is the place that I complained about a yr or 2 ago about 4x4'ers mowing down trees to get through and drinkin beer whilst they're doing it. No. Lets not turn this into a 4x4'er bashing thread. Too bad 'cause it was nice and close to the city.

Remember, always take out more than you brought in.

Top Bottom