Hello!

jusDOOit

Reaction score
Hey everyone! My name's Shane.. been poking around this site and enjoy all the info and chatter. Just moved to Calgary from Sask and bought my first sled a couple weeks ago!
(09 summit 800 154") so excited for the snow to fly!!

I got a couple of questions/comments for ya..

What should be done to the sled, engine wise, before first trip of the year? (clean the carbs/clutch, etc?)

Also looking for people to ride with most weekends as i get every second friday off work!!! :D
so if your from around calgary area and wanna go for rip let me know!

:beer: CHEERS! :beer:

Any info appreciated!

Thanks!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
:welcome: enjoy the camaraderie and the banter.

If you have an AST1 course and the necessary equipment for riding in avi country we could hook up and I'd show you a few places in SE BC.

jusDOOit

Reaction score
Right on! Thanks!

Remember im a flatlander, biggest hill is our gravel pit haha, So what does one need to ride the mountains? (got a beacon and shovel/saw) dont have the dough for a avi pack yet, so what would i be limited to?
and what courses are mandatory?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Right on! Thanks!

Remember im a flatlander, biggest hill is our gravel pit haha, So what does one need to ride the mountains? (got a beacon and shovel/saw) dont have the dough for a avi pack yet, so what would i be limited to?
and what courses are mandatory?

Nothing is "mandatory" but if I take you to the trails/meadows/basins, I would like for you to have an Avalanche Safety Training 1 course and know how to use a beacon, probe and shovel. If you didn't have the AST1 and just had a beacon, probe and shovel, I would find out in the parking lot if you knew how to use them and then I would make a decision on where I would take you. I see from your information you don't have a probe. That would be the first thing to get.

If I take you to the mountains, my life is in your hands if I have a misjudgement and I'm not ready to quit riding quite yet. The avi pack is nice but not one of the things that I insist a person have. Keep in touch throughout the winter and maybe we can hook up. fs

jusDOOit

Reaction score
Nothing is "mandatory" but if I take you to the trails/meadows/basins, I would like for you to have an Avalanche Safety Training 1 course and know how to use a beacon, probe and shovel. If you didn't have the AST1 and just had a beacon, probe and shovel, I would find out in the parking lot if you knew how to use them and then I would make a decision on where I would take you. I see from your information you don't have a probe. That would be the first thing to get.

If I take you to the mountains, my life is in your hands if I have a misjudgement and I'm not ready to quit riding quite yet. The avi pack is nice but not one of the things that I insist a person have. Keep in touch throughout the winter and maybe we can hook up. fs

When i go to buy my backpack i will pick up a probe forsure.

Yes totally respectable, where are the AST1 courses offered?

Top Bottom