Hello from Idaho

crazy

Reaction score
Just wanting to say hey. I am planning my first snowmobile trip to Canada. My family and friends are heading to Revelstoke at the end of December 2008! Can't wait. Hoping to get advice and make some new friends.

CdnWrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey... Idaho... (Crazy)

How are you? and welcome to the site... Hope you enjoy this site and find all you'e looking for including friends... :D :D Its been awhile since I've been down in your neck of the woods...

So how long have you been sledding? What do you ride...? What kind of advice are you looking for..?

Do you have all your avalanche gear? Have you practiced with it? Carry your avy gear in a backpack on your back (not on your sled). Does your backpack have emergency first aid, an emergency blanket & spare batteries? Have you taken an avy course? Don't drink and ride.... you're tempting fate... Do you have a GPS loaded with current terrain info... this comes in handy when your in a snow storm and trying to find you way back down the mountian.

Revelstoke is a great place to go.... if you get lucky... you could wake up to a couple of feet of new snow at ground level.... and feet more to get stuck in up on any one of the mountains within a half hour of revelstoke.

Book your rooms early... so you're not left out in the cold...!

The riding areas nearby are; Boulder, McCrae, Frisby, Eagle Pass, Queest, Area 51....

Check out the Revelstoke site in the middle of the first screen....

Don't forget to to stick your member pin in the members map located on the left side of the main screen, halfway down.

Just wanting to say hey. I am planning my first snowmobile trip to Canada. My family and friends are heading to Revelstoke at the end of December 2008! Can't wait. Hoping to get advice and make some new friends.

CdnWrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crazy... post a picture of your baby..... let's see what you're riding...

BIGFOOT

Reaction score

Hey 'Crazy'..Welcome to Snow and Mud Canadian Style ! :) The advice & friend thing should be no problem here, Enjoy the site & PLEASE post you location on the member map ! :)
:canadaflag::welcomebluesign::patriot:

crazy

Reaction score
CdnWrangler,
Thanks for the welcome. I wear my avalanche transciever strapped to me under my jacket. I have my backpack with gps, food, water, fire starter, extra battaries, first aid kit, space blanket, and folding saw. The only thing I haven't done is take an avalanche course. I currently ride a 2004 Ski-Doo Summit 800 144". I started riding the mountains of Alaska in 2005. Have been hooked every since. I moved to Idaho in 2006 and love the riding around here. Advice I am looking for is areas to stay away from when I visit? I also don't wany my sled getting stolen either.

Hey... Idaho... (Crazy)

How are you? and welcome to the site... Hope you enjoy this site and find all you'e looking for including friends... :D :D Its been awhile since I've been down in your neck of the woods...

So how long have you been sledding? What do you ride...? What kind of advice are you looking for..?

Do you have all your avalanche gear? Have you practiced with it? Carry your avy gear in a backpack on your back (not on your sled). Does your backpack have emergency first aid, an emergency blanket & spare batteries? Have you taken an avy course? Don't drink and ride.... you're tempting fate... Do you have a GPS loaded with current terrain info... this comes in handy when your in a snow storm and trying to find you way back down the mountian.

Revelstoke is a great place to go.... if you get lucky... you could wake up to a couple of feet of new snow at ground level.... and feet more to get stuck in up on any one of the mountains within a half hour of revelstoke.

Book your rooms early... so you're not left out in the cold...!

The riding areas nearby are; Boulder, McCrae, Frisby, Eagle Pass, Queest, Area 51....

Check out the Revelstoke site in the middle of the first screen....

Don't forget to to stick your member pin in the members map located on the left side of the main screen, halfway down.

crazy

Reaction score
St. Anthony is about a 5-6 hour drive from me. I have never been there, sorry. I have heard that it is a great time. I am 15 miles away from the Bruneau Sand Dunes. Only problem, it's a state park. No motorized use. Hope ya have fun though.

dragonlady

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Snow and Mud.

What part of Idaho are you from? Some of us are planning a trip to the St. Anthony dunes the end of April. Do you ever go there with a quad/bike?

Tell us more? Whos going and are you driving down, in a group?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site Hope you enjoy your Canadian sledding experience this DEC.

Top Bottom