Hello! Completely new and looking for Range Rover freindly trails

bryer

Reaction score
Hello guys, im new to the forum, and to trail riding. I have done some ripping through muskeg on quads when I was younger though.
Im just looking to find some areas in alberta which I could spend a day or two trip exploring some amature trails, which a completely stock 2010 Range Rover Sport can handle. Apparently they are good on the trails, but I have managed to get her stuck in some dumb spots.

Ive heard of ruby falls, any good, is it range rover friendly?
How much are stock vehicles capable of?
(And sorry if im getting ahead of my self here)

Any trail recomendations, or anyone down to go for a rip let me know!

Thanks again guys!

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to snow and mud. Check out the rest of the forum, and you'll be able to find what you are looking for.

gordhunt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would stay away from trails thats basically a mall crawler

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea you'll wreck that thing doing any real off roading. Look at 2 door jeep rubicons, that would be a good entry level stock off roader

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
HA HA, funny guys.
Any actual input would be nice.

Coming onto an atv site looking for actual info in where to your 4x4 SUV probably isn't a very well thought out plan.

There are jeep sites and 4x4 off road sites that may be able to help you better... No one on this site wants your vehicle in any of their atv trails.

Just sayin

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HA HA, funny guys.
Any actual input would be nice.

There are trails at McLean creek that are designated as jeep trails, other than that a 4x4 club would be your best bet. You will make a mess out of existing quad trails. And likely have a bucket of bolts left if you do get through.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha. Make a mess of the existing quad trails. That's funny. Must be why the quaders are cutting down trees in the single track areas as their quad trails are aren't already trenched out.

McLean would be your best bet. Pick up a FLUZ map or download it online and stick to the jeep trails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boobage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Range Rovers are known to be excellent offroad vehicles despite the fact they look built for the street only. That being said, Waiporous is also west of Calgary and i prefer it to Mclean Cr.

...dont get the wrong idea...not everyone on this site is rude...but at times it does seem people are itching to jump down somebodies throat.

:rolleyes:

kennyblatz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try that link that summiteer posted. Dont worry about the guys here there mad that you will take your "mall cruzer" places they wont take there lifted diesels. I say good on ya for using the 140g worth of technology in that thing.

Top Bottom