Heeeelp

waynemags

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok I swamped my prarie 700. its an o4. I completely drained engine, took carbs off and drained and cleaned as well as I could, I filled with oil 4 times and dumped it to flush everything out. starts fine now but wont rev up past about 1/3 throttle. it sounds like it hits rev limiter but instead it backfires hard out the exhaust constantly. also 4x4 wont engage and the belt light is blinking. I had the belt cover off and drained and cleaned. ive checked fuses under seat and they looked ok. anyone have any idea what I could start looking at next?

mdtgrizzly

Reaction score
Check your carb and make sure your floats aren't in upside down, I would also keep it in a heated area, electrical could be wet, my grizz was similar to that

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's a safety switch inside the belt housing. If that switch is tripped it will turn on a light and won't rev because it thinks its blown a belt. It should face the rear of the quad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He might just need to reset it if its not triped.

If ya reset it and it comes back then switch needs set back.

sent from my HTC

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hate to worry you but my ran the same way after a swamped it. It ended up being the timing chain jumped a tooth. But if the belt light is blinking do as above was said.

Top Bottom