Heaters and underslung tanks for your enclosed Trailers!

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of getting some heaters for my trailers. Forced air 40 or 45 000 btu's. If your interested interested let me know I can bring some extra ones in for S&M Members. I am heading down first or second week in Feb.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What kind of price are we looking at and a quick description of the unit would be nice.......may be interested.
catmando!

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am trying to decide which heater would best suit our needs. I looking a Amperage draw verses BTU output. Has anyone here had really good luck with a certain heater? Fuel consumption? Battery Life? Your input would be appreciated. Thanks

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Most guys I talk too run BTU.
You will get your answers here1

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Hey 'Firefly'..... If one knew what there is available & price one may have some interest.... Thks. :)

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will get some pricing tommorrow for the furnaces - tanks and post it for all who are interested.

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a price from a local dealer which I think is very resonable. Suburban furnaces 34 000 btu's forced air, Dimensions are 12"H x 12"W x 23"D
for $600.00 - $650.00. I will get final pricing when I go see him next week. I am still working on underslung tanks and will get those prices to you as soon I can.

summitron

Reaction score
I bought a 40,000 btu off ebay for $275. It was brand new, no cover or thermostat, It came from an Rv dealer in the US and took 3 or 4 weeks to get here. I think I need a converter to run it on 12v, I bought some underslung tanks from a body shop for a $100 bucks but they are a little bigger than I would like. I wanted to mount them between the axles to minimize tongue weight, but I don't like the clearance. I may just mount a 40lb on the front.

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Atwood 30k BTU furnace off Ebay, $385 Can to my door from US. Low amphr draw, 12 volt.

Works great

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will check out E-Bay thats a great price. I spoke with a propane tank company this week. No problem buying the tanks they are just seeing the min # that I need to order for a dealer discount etc... I will keep you posted.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have seen US prices at close to half of what they charge here. I'm curious to see what you can come up with. Regular propane tank for me, 40Lb sounds good.

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our trailer is lower, so I went with a 30# mounted on the passenger side of the "V". It is out of the way in case of a jack knife. The 30# bottle easily lasts for a 4 day ride. Easy to refill for longer rides.

I'm working on a web page for my furnace install, I'll post a link once it's up.

summitron

Reaction score
I'd be curious to see how you installed yours, I'm putting mine underneath in a pressure treated box and I was going to run my ducts up the wall about 2 feet. I just haven't had a chance to work on mine in a bit.

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just found those Atwood 30 000 Btu heaters for $319.00 + $60.00 shipping on E Bay. Here is the link for anyone who is interested

The trailer looks great U-Turn nice job.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just found those Atwood 30 000 Btu heaters for $319.00 + $60.00 shipping on E Bay. Here is the link for anyone who is interested

The trailer looks great U-Turn nice job.

Way cheaper than buying with one in the trailer Just ordered one let ya know how it works out. My trailer is a mirage low rider not sure how the propane tank will be mounted yet . But good deal on the heater tho.

Mayfly

Reaction score
Bought the 35,000 BTU furnace off e-bay, total of $ 414.00 CDN, it arrived a couple of weeks later and very happy. Saved a couple of hundred if bought here.

brolling

Reaction score
I am looking for a dealer to install a heater for my inclosed trailer as well, does anyone know who in Edmonton does these.

Thanks BR

Last edited:
Top Bottom