heater

ZIG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at getting a suburban heater for my ski doo trailer. Can anyone recommend to me who to use to hook this system up.

Wildreaper

Reaction score
I had my Local RV mechanic install mine, It was a 35000BTU Atwood furnace.
Installed it for 3 hours labour, which included mounting bottle and furnace, running gas tubing, installing battery and wiring the thermostat and all the wiring was installed behind the panel.
Sorry but that was Mountainview RV in Sundre.

Green=Go!

Reaction score
I just got a used Suburban heater installed in my trailer by a guy who does some sideline work. He actually works full time at an RV dealership. His name is Daryl and he can look after you. Lives just outside of Spruce Grove
ph# 963-0534

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had my Local RV mechanic install mine, It was a 35000BTU Atwood furnace.
Installed it for 3 hours labour, which included mounting bottle and furnace, running gas tubing, installing battery and wiring the thermostat and all the wiring was installed behind the panel.
Sorry but that was Mountainview RV in Sundre.

Who was the guy(s) you delt with there, and about how much did it set you back.

Metalfusion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im looking to get the same type of system done in my trailer too. Was thinking of going to an RV junkyard to pick up a furnace cheap, just need someone to install it.

What kind of prices are you all finding?

budster

Reaction score
visit north star flamless heaters in calgary they have multiple sizes and all work great, have used one for six years and have had great service.

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at getting a suburban heater for my ski doo trailer. Can anyone recommend to me who to use to hook this system up.

They are not that hard to do if you have instructions for heater, some basic mechanical skills and tools. PM me if you have any questions.

Wildreaper

Reaction score
Who was the guy(s) you delt with there, and about how much did it set you back.
Cant remember his Name but he is a one man show in Sundre. I bought the heater on ebay for $170 + $70 shipping. Then his bill for all the labour and parts was $650. This also included the battery, battery box, new side wind jack, 30lb propane bottle, regulators, tubing, hose, wiring, thermostat, material to mount heater, and the outside heater door. Thought it was a great deal.

ZIG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I purchased a 40,000 btu heater suburban it did not come with a exterior door it just came with a chrome vent. I was just wondering how important that ext door is should i order one or not.

Wildreaper

Reaction score
I purchased a 40,000 btu heater suburban it did not come with a exterior door it just came with a chrome vent. I was just wondering how important that ext door is should i order one or not.

You will need the door you can't remove the control board or get at the gas valves without the access through this door. The door is about $60.00.

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's why I went with the Atwood, only had to cut a small hole in the trailer exterior. Lots of debate on batteries to use, I went with the 12V RV battery, and I have it set up to charge off the tow vehicle, hasn't gone dead yet with heater running. I installed a disconnect switch to prevent discharging of truck battery when parked.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cant remember his Name but he is a one man show in Sundre. I bought the heater on ebay for $170 + $70 shipping. Then his bill for all the labour and parts was $650. This also included the battery, battery box, new side wind jack, 30lb propane bottle, regulators, tubing, hose, wiring, thermostat, material to mount heater, and the outside heater door. Thought it was a great deal.

:eek: I think that's a great deal as well. Just around a "G" note and your done.

We'll need to hook up one day, so I can repay the favor:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::d:d

Thanks again for the info.

Wildreaper

Reaction score
Quadtrash
Your welcome hope any of this helped.
Also the reason I went with a furnace is so during the summer when quadding if the Kids want to stay together, instead of setting up tents and all that crap they can campout in the enclosed with heat, lights ect. and we the adults do not get hassled later. Cheers

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you haven't found anyone yet a couple guys I work with have a business in Nisku doing any and all work on trailers and also they are getting into Rv's as well. They are redoing our motorhome and seem to have quite reasonable rates, lower than most as they are working on expanding from just trailers into the rv world. If interested pm me and I will send a name and number or if the mods have no problems with it I will post the company name and number here later.

Top Bottom