Heads up for the wabamun boaters

Stumpy

Reaction score
Yep they are in full force fish cops and rcmp i have a lake lot at ascot beach they are checking on the lake for drinking and boat operator liscences.
And me and my kid were stopped on our quads last weekend also.:nono::rolleyes:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Yep they are in full force fish cops and rcmp i have a lake lot at ascot beach they are checking on the lake for drinking and boat operator liscences.
And me and my kid were stopped on our quads last weekend also.:nono::rolleyes:

If they keep up what was going on last weekend I have no issues....

They were focusing on the guys ripping around in the bay, I had plenty-o-beers on the boat and just putt-putt'ed and wasn't checked....

I'm allowed to have beer on board (bathroom & sleeping quarters) so I'm guessing as long as they didn't catch me with an open one or impaired I'd be alright.... Wabs gonna be crazy this summer, AB beach shut down the launch, many other lakes are down too much to put a boat in.

The edmonton Yacht club daily water level indicator shows that the water in wab is only down 40cm from 2008 and is only 20cm below the wier crest elevation....

might be harder to find a nice quiet BBQ corner on the lake...

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Rain or shine we will be on the water this week-end.

Saw you on the water on Fathers day ............ should have stayed abit when we were near the shore there.

Was a good time saw lots of peeps, Mallard, Bruzer, Bogger, Mrs. Bogger, Retodd and all the rest of Team Doo Over, Magnet and his family. Got the opportunity to dump his son from the tube :d:d

Next time ...........

sledn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't been stopped by the cops at Coal Point/Fallis area in the lake yet,but on the quads if you don't have a helmet on,they will bug you.I make sure to have a copy of license & paper work handy ,so they don't need to look for booze or check us a second time.

HIGH ALTITUDE

Reaction score
I've never been to Wabamun, just Alberta Beach. Thinking of trying it out next weekend. Any advise? Where to go or not to go etc. Launch from in town?

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saw you on the water on Fathers day ............ should have stayed abit when we were near the shore there.

Was a good time saw lots of peeps, Mallard, Bruzer, Bogger, Mrs. Bogger, Retodd and all the rest of Team Doo Over, Magnet and his family. Got the opportunity to dump his son from the tube :d:d

Next time ...........

Ya, i wanted to drop anchor and chat it up with you guys but we bumped into my cousin later on and tied up. I will definately come hang with you guy's once we're back from our 2 week holiday in BC:d starting this week-end. We spend alot of time out at Wab so i'm sure we will meet up again. We need to nickname that corner something like S&M beach.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't been stopped by the cops at Coal Point/Fallis area in the lake yet,but on the quads if you don't have a helmet on,they will bug you.I make sure to have a copy of license & paper work handy ,so they don't need to look for booze or check us a second time.

Don't forget to keep your boater's licence on board as well, i'm sure they will be checking for this as well now that it's in affect.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I've never been to Wabamun, just Alberta Beach. Thinking of trying it out next weekend. Any advise? Where to go or not to go etc. Launch from in town?

Both town and the provincial park have decent launches...avoid seba it's too shallow.
advice...... get down early and launch, if the weather is nice by 10am there is usually a long wait to launch, if you see us out there stop in for a "pop" and say hi....

My Rig
close up.jpg

Plio7's Rig
DSCN0154.jpg

Don't have pics of the others but sledderdoc is running a blue Bryant, RETODD's got a fire engine red Mastercraft X2... :beer::beer:

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
went out on saturday night. little rip and did some fishin. unreal how many idiots going full sped into and out of the bay as wellas ripping around in the bay. also on the way back to the dock picked up a sixer of empties. azzhats if your gonna drink it keep the frigggen emptie in your boat. you dont throw out the full ones and it makes no dif. to the officer if its empty or full on the boat your gettin fined i am sure.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score

Launch early from the provincial park, avoid the far southern shore, north shore is generally safe except about half way to Seba right close to shore it gets shallow. Not problems in the middle anywhere. :beer::d:beer:

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any one still hang out at the seba point?? i havent spent alot of time on the water and know my stress is a reflection.

we need some nice weather!!!!!!!!!

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any one still hang out at the seba point?? i havent spent alot of time on the water and know my stress is a reflection.

we need some nice weather!!!!!!!!!

its a long drive over to seba when you got nice location on the south east shore by the golf course. and seba is way to shallow to launch. we backed out about 50ft from shore and the boat started to come farther out of the water:eek:

Top Bottom