Headlights off during poor driving conditions

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Made a trip into Edmonton today, visibility was poor at times, and was shocked to see only a half a dozen cars or pickups with their headlights on on the round trip.

Why is this a common occurrence? Do people rely on technology like auto headlights, that they forget about their situation awareness and Defensive driving skills???

Reactions: RXN

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Made a trip into Edmonton today, visibility was poor at times, and was shocked to see only a half a dozen cars or pickups with their headlights on on the round trip.

Why is this a common occurrence? Do people rely on technology like auto headlights, that they forget about their situation awareness and Defensive driving skills???

It's not cool to have your lights on during the day. Kinda the reverse of having your tow mirrors flipped out with nothing behind you

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

this also belongs in the rant thread. Wtf people - get it together!!!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Wonder why there day time lights weren’t on?

Anvil1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Because people are just that ****ing stupid.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wonder why there day time lights weren’t on?

Daytime running lights are not headlights
Most cars and trucks use a little led strip thats white or amber. Vehicles that use the headlights or highbeams cut the power of that light.
Regardless, when your headlights are not on, neither are your taillights.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Wifeys Audi automation adds tail lights to driving lights. That’s the way to go.
4:30am I passed two vehicles without tail lights. One was tough to see until fairly close up.
I realize it’s by accident...but Really!

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In the older veh the tail lights do not come on with DRL. But that all changed a year or 2 back and its suppose to be mandatory for manufacturers to have the tail lights on with the DRL.. Not sure when the final date for compliance was... i see at least 6 or so cars a night running with DRL at night and no tail lights... i think allot of this has to do with the dealers and not explaining this to people when they buy the car... Driving with no lights on during poor weather conditions is just plain stupid and as far as im concerned people should be fined for this

Ballzdeep

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can i be the 7th person to say tail lights do not c.....:rolleyes:

Ignorant morons that can see in front of their cars just don't care whats behind them. Yesterday i was driving through Beaumont and i seen 4 or 5 car/mini vans with no lights on around 4:30pm that not dark but almost dark time. I almost bumped a jeep with a new Canadian driver, little snow on the road and can't find his lane and no lights on... Sad part is if people don't have taillights on and you hit them from behind you would be at fault...

I say from now on people that don't have lights on get cheesed!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTCUuyb_tvY

Top Bottom