Headlight upgrade.

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interested to see how much brighter these will be.
uploadfromtaptalk1447347063020.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've used PIAA Powersports H4's in my XP/XR/XM and they are significantly better than the OEM bulbs. I feel as good as HID's, but some others won't agree with me.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just put some LED headlights In my '16 along with the LED aux light, I should be able to see pretty good...if I ever get to try them in the snow , I had HID high beams piggybacked with halogen low beams on my '08. Both throw lots of light, but the HID's weren't as reliable, sometimes 1 wouldn't turn on, and you had to turn your sled on and off a couple of times before it would come on, I was also nervous about getting HID's again because there are a lot more electronics now then what were on the '08's, I was worried about throwing codes on my new one, which was the deciding factor for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

team-x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which LED headlights are you running? Something like this?

I was wondering if something like this had a better beam pattern than the HID kits does.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, the heat sink on those are huge, the ones I have come with a small heat sink wit a micro fan in them. I tried to find a picture in Big Mike's Lights catalog, but he doesn't have the newer version in there. I still have the box out in the shop, next time I go out there, I'll grab a picture. I don't think those lights would fit in the newer XM with the glove box. Mine don't have those boxes either, are they ballast boxes or regulators? I also put a set in my Grizz.
When I go out there to take a pic of the box, I'll flash up my sled and get a pic of high and low beams and post

team-x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds good. I've been curious about them but didn't want to buy them if they don't work all that well. Might rig up some kinda small removable light bar that I can keep in my tunnel bag till I need it or something

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
http://
Big Mikes Lights H4

Low beam
[IMG]//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/18/a958f779b03fca345f4fd17b0757d621.jpg
High beam
3b7cc7da2d2e6039734f5554d10ad190.jpg

High beam with aux light

Kind of hard to tell how far they throw, I didn't want to pull it out of the shop on the gravel. They're shining into my dirt pile and tree stand.

Last edited:

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca

team-x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it just the way it shows up in the picture? Its always hard to get a picture of how bright something is at night. I know when I did the light bar on my truck pictures didn't really do it justice.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is noticeably different, but, once I get it out into the open, I'll be able adjust the headlights, kind of tune them in a bit better. That dirt pile is about 5' high and its lighting up the bottom branches of the tree which are about 6' up, so I couldn't really tell how far it was throwing the light. Once I get it out of the shop, I'll get some better pics and post.

JamMasta

Reaction score
The led ribbon heat sinks would work good as a glove box heater and keep your goggles defrosted. But not sure if they put out enough heat to melt the snow on the front lens.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quick update, went to revy this week, I'm thinking of going back to HID's as there is no heat to melt the snow on the headlight lens. The low beams are pretty good , but the high beams aren't very good at all. I'm also not getting a good seal and moisture is getting into the light buckets. On a side note though the doo aux led light is awesome though, it puts out a decent amount of light.

Top Bottom