Heading to Valmount

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Leaving Wed sledding Thursday. Where is the safest place to sled "just 2 of us" with all the avalanches going on, little worried. We were planning on Allen creek. Any help would be great thanks.

Buster

Reaction score
Allen Creek is good, stay off steeper slopes and play around in the trees. Good luck:)

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:D I would go to chapple creek-millege,,,very safe place and lots of powder,,,or there should be some left...

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chappell will have the most snow for sure ! Its calling for snow all week, but we have not seen any accumulation in town. Still socked in though:realmad:

When the weather is bad or groups just want to casual ride, I always recomend Clemina Creek. Nice long trail in, lower elevation cabin, great tree riding and good fun. My .02

Verti-Kyle

Reaction score
Chappell will have the most snow for sure ! Its calling for snow all week, but we have not seen any accumulation in town. Still socked in though:realmad:

When the weather is bad or groups just want to casual ride, I always recomend Clemina Creek. Nice long trail in, lower elevation cabin, great tree riding and good fun. My .02

Thats good info because I will be heading up to Valemount to ride on Friday and with the avy risk being so high would like to play safe.
Do you know if the trail to Clemina would be groomed for friday morning or is it usually only groomed on the weekend?

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The trail will be groomed Wednesday evening and we run it for two days due to lower numbers, it will then be groomed throughout the weekend

Feel free to call the VARDA office if you need more info 250-566-4817

Curtis

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well we rode Clemina Creek due to the trail was just groomed. The snow was not that great but there was enough barly still the odd rock, I was surprized I thought there would be alot more . Raduim has more snow. The Zacs Tracs course was good, it was good to see quite a few young feelas,girls in the mix. We did not bother to ride on Saturday.

The Snowman

Reaction score
Has anyone been into mileage lately? wondering how the conditions where and more importantly the trail. I know it never\rarely gets groomed but is it complete? last time I went there we has to ford a creek running down the side, dont get me wrong it was an adventure and the payoff was well worth it but I am going with only one other guy and want to know before I drive out there!

thanks

The Snowman

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chappell' snow was sick ! And groomed every THURSDAY ! We rode it on friday and it was great ! 2' fresh. As for Clemina, half the mountain is untouched. Morning Glory yesterday did not have one other soul in in besides us and not a track to be seen. Conditions are great. Ill through up some general pictures and a good report after my ride today.
c

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been into mileage lately? wondering how the conditions where and more importantly the trail. I know it never\rarely gets groomed but is it complete? last time I went there we has to ford a creek running down the side, dont get me wrong it was an adventure and the payoff was well worth it but I am going with only one other guy and want to know before I drive out there!

thanks

The Snowman
Snowman, this is totally off topic but I rode with you two years ago at Mt. Alexander and you took some videos of part of our group crossing the Fraser River while we looked down from the bridge. Would you happen to still have that footage?

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will be in town on wed,thurs if you need someone to ride with

The Snowman

Reaction score
Hey Snochuck

Good to hear from you again!

Yes I still have that footage, I dug it out again and laughed my butt off!! I especially enjoyed when we were standing on the bridge trying to come up with a rescue plan if things went wrong! Ha! Any way I have it on tape and will be out in valemount next weekend (I hope) and then again at the end of the month

let me know if you will be out there I would enjoy meeting up with you and making some Tracks!

The Snowman

Top Bottom