Header ??

doin it in the dirt

Reaction score
Currently on my old ladies quad is a FMF header....Traded my street bike a few years ago to my brother for this 2001 honda 400ex. He is the one who put the FMF header on there. It does not have a head shield on it, and I couldn't even begin to tell you how many pairs of pants it has claimed! I am looking to either replace it with a orgional stock header, but was wondering if I would be able to get a heat shield for this FMF header? and if so where?, and is it gonna be a pain to do? Im thinking I should just replace it with the orig and be done with it.....any suggestions?

crisscross1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not to sure if you have room to wrap it, but hot rods with hot headers would wrap them with some type of cloth that is fire retarded up 1000 degrees. Try a hot rod shop for cars and trucks, they may be able to help. Then you just wrap it around the pipe and tie with the proper wire clips

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its called header wrap. Your local parts place should have some. I made a how-to video about header wrapping my YFZ's Sparks pipe on YouTube.

doin it in the dirt

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I did get header wrap from Napa and have it on there right now...just not liking the looks of it! lol.....again thank you to everyone

Top Bottom