Hdmi cords????

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I need a hdmi cord for my projector. It needs to be 45 to 50 long. I need to know which is the best quality, and specifications. The projector is a 1080p 3d

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
45-50 feet, inches or centimeters?

All I can tell you is they are darn expensive.

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will get you the place my brother in law ordered mine from. It was 50 feet and not to bad in price. Shipping was quick and cheap also

Crazy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Memory Express in Edmonton sells extra long cables for a good price. Bought a 30' last week for about $40. Not sure about quality but I would think any HDMI is gonna be light years ahead of any component cable.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you get gold plated with version 1.4 or 1.3.

BLEIB

Reaction score
Monoprice dot com. I ordered a couple heavy gauge 35 footers for my projector and they work awesome.

Sent from my MZ604 using Tapatalk

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found some on eBay half the price. I think I am going to go with a 50ft hdmi 1.4 m-male LCD led 3d DVD

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just watch on the cheaper ones, the cable and such are all the same as the expensive cables but the ends are not built as well. I bought 2 cables of monoprice for my system, they are both side by side and never been unhooked until recently when my pvr didn't want to work properly, when I tried unplugging to reset the end came right off one cable. It is now junk and I am back to using Monster cable for my bluray as I have never had an issue and the lifetime warranty is nice peace of mind.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have used monoprice cables a few times. Their HDMI have been fine, some of their other cables I have found to short out for no reason. Not a big deal on a cheap cable.

Princess Auto (or atleast the ones in Calgary) have lots of cables. They had a 50' HDMI the other day (audio research) for $30. They also carry popular brands like Monster for way under retails. Picked up a digital coax for $2.99 Same cable in a retail store was over $30.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Best way to do it honestly is over Cat 5 at that length, hdmi starts to lose signal quality at about 45 feet.

Get the CAT 5 transmitter receiver set and power it at both ends. Much easier to pull at CAT 5 cable over an HDMI.

Top Bottom