Having boating troubles on the lake currently lol

Stickyfingers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an 07 sea ray with a 4.3 mercruiser that I got last fall and I am using it for the first time right now. The motor sounds good and the temperature is fine and oil pressure is good but the heat exchangers are smoking bad does anyone have any idea where to start looking?

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fresh paint? Something spilt on them? Leaking a bit? Hard to say without seeing pics and conditions.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does the water run thru them maybe there is a valve turned off i did that on my jet boat haha the water cooled exhaust works way better with the water valve turned on

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Does the water run thru them maybe there is a valve turned off i did that on my jet boat haha the water cooled exhaust works way better with the water valve turned on

You had a valve that shut off the water flow? Sounds like a very bad/ useless feature to me

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You had a valve that shut off the water flow? Sounds like a very bad/ useless feature to me

Its so u can drain it for winter 6 little valves on the block and 2 on the exhaust its a good feature better then a frozen block come spring

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did u crack open one of those drains? Do u have water in the exchangers? Pull thermostat housing see if its plugged with rust /crap etc see if ya have water there ounce water pump hoses see if ya have water movement maybe your water pump is toast or lugged

Stickyfingers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I made it back haha got very flustered and decided to just take it in to a shop and let them tell me whats wrong with it and pay big $$$
I wonder if he ever made it back????

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I made it back haha got very flustered and decided to just take it in to a shop and let them tell me whats wrong with it and pay big $$$

You know it
Bring
Out
Another
Thousand
Good luck

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine lightened my pockets almost $3K last year......

I feel your pain! I just pulled our travel trailer out.... Fridge worked great last year.. Plugged solid , new fridge $2000.0????? Wtf? And that was a deal as the newer style are $2600 to $2800!... Lucky me, o ya it's only 5 years old! This summer fun chit is expensive !

Top Bottom