Having a surprisingly difficult time....

Polaris2012

Reaction score
Just bought my first sled after taking it to Cooke City last week. ran great but it came with an extra track that id like to put on. my buddy that i bought it from had an ez ryde suspention on it but took it off to get more money out of it and put the stock 151 x15 back on mine but is giving me the 162 attack 20 he had on it before along with the other drivers. im having a really hard time finding rail extentions for 151 to 162. i even called SLP and they were no help. its a 2003 summit highmark x zx chassis. anyone know what the stock suspension is? sc10-3? and if i cant put a rev skid under it or how i can make this work? $500 ice age rails are really not an option for me. anyone know how long that extention would have to be? or if i got and extention to 159 how far i could set my skid back? been riding sleds since i was a kid but have never owned one so i dont know much about... well any of it.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get a hold of wildchild on here, he may be able to help you out. Here's his web pagehttp:// canadasledparts.com

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can get 159 rail extensions? If you can get those and a big wheel kit then your track will work. But I wouldn't put that attack 20 track on. Your sled will go better now! That attack is not a good track!

Polaris2012

Reaction score
You can get 159 rail extensions? If you can get those and a big wheel kit then your track will work. But I wouldn't put that attack 20 track on. Your sled will go better now! That attack is not a good track!

ive heard both stories. ive heard its a good track and ive heard its a bad track, but free speaks louder than words to me, lol. I ride with a Arctic Cat trained tech he heated all the paddles up and straighted them, he siad once you do that you mount the track backwards and its a pretty killer track, not the best but pretty darn good. its free so i figured id give it a shot, if i hate ill buy a different one next season. mostly im just trying to figure out how the hell to get it on my 151 skid

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you reposition the 159 skid back about an inch and a half in the tunnel you shouldn't have any trouble running the 162. My '01 Summit went from 144 to 151 by drilling the tunnel and rear brackets and moving the skid back about 3". Actually made it a better attack angle at the front of the track and seems to work well in the deep (for a 12 year old 800 that is lol!) Might have to cut the snow flap or tie it up towards the bumper to keep it from being pulled into the tunnel

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive heard both stories. ive heard its a good track and ive heard its a bad track, but free speaks louder than words to me, lol. I ride with a Arctic Cat trained tech he heated all the paddles up and straighted them, he siad once you do that you mount the track backwards and its a pretty killer track, not the best but pretty darn good. its free so i figured id give it a shot, if i hate ill buy a different one next season. mostly im just trying to figure out how the hell to get it on my 151 skid

I had a buddy that had a m7 with the attack 20 turned around backwards. On set up snow it would climb like a Billy goat. But coming down was hairy! But the price is right for it! You mentioned that you need rail extensions but you never mentioned anything about drivers. That attack 20 is a 3" pitch and your stock track is a 2.52" I think. So you will need different drivers.

Polaris2012

Reaction score
I had a buddy that had a m7 with the attack 20 turned around backwards. On set up snow it would climb like a Billy goat. But coming down was hairy! But the price is right for it! You mentioned that you need rail extensions but you never mentioned anything about drivers. That attack 20 is a 3" pitch and your stock track is a 2.52" I think. So you will need different drivers.

yeah in the first post i mentioned i have the different drivers. He already has it all figured out, because hes had it on that same sled before with the ez ryde suspention. wildchild emailed me back today and hes got the extentions for me.

Top Bottom