Have you seen the Mountain Information Network?

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im a very big believer in Avalanche Canada and their products. Its not all about geeking out on safety. The more informed we are as riders, the better decisions we can make in the field. EVERY day I go out I want to find the best snow and push my sledding skills, but some days allow for it and some days don't. The more beta we have before heading out into the backcountry the better we all are.

Here is a little writeup on my take on the Mountain Information Network

http://sleddermag.com/mountain-information-network-one-stop-shop-local-conditions-information/

Be part of an evolving sled community.

Last edited:

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try to do one after every ride.
Only takes a minute and you don't need to be a snow scientist to participate.

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im one who is guilty for not posting,i do check conditions before heading out.guess i will have to start posting,as curtis says the more posts the better for everyone.

mathrulz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to read and post to the MIN from smart phones? I usually only bring my phone along on trips, but I only seem to be able to read the MIN posts at home when I’m on a desktop.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to read and post to the MIN from smart phones? I usually only bring my phone along on trips, but I only seem to be able to read the MIN posts at home when I’m on a desktop.
No it works from the app.
And you can enter a min from the app too.
Click on the little blue pins to read the mins.

Only thing I wished worked a little better with the app was their weather forecast.
Curtis is this in the app somewhere that I am missing?

busted2x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody else find that the app crashes all the time?

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have not had the app crash on me but there have been issues through the development and Avalanche Canada is constantly working on it. Trying to keep up with all the apple updates has been one main challenge that I am aware of.

Anybody else find that the app crashes all the time?

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are correct. You cannot get to the mountain weather forecast from this app. You would need to create a shortcut on your phone to the main webpage...BUT you can access a great forecast based off of the MWF under the DETAILS tab when reading your local bulletin.

Hope this helps.

Only thing I wished worked a little better with the app was their weather forecast.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are correct. You cannot get to the mountain weather forecast from this app. You would need to create a shortcut on your phone to the main webpage...BUT you can access a great forecast based off of the MWF under the DETAILS tab when reading your local bulletin.

Hope this helps.
That full forcast is awesome, hope someday they integrate it into the app, along with Radar.

All in all great app, love using it.

mathrulz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I see now there are 2 different apps - the one I’ve had installed for a while only had the regional forecasts. I found the new one with the min now - perfect, thanks!

Top Bottom