Have you guys tried this stuff yet?

Stillrockingabanshee

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My dad recently bought a 05 fourtrax, that looks like it got raped by tree branches. Anyways, a plastic kit is very expensive. So i am wondering if the Plastic Restore Kit really does work like it says it does. I am not too sure, so i would like to see some pics/ reviews if possible, before i jump in and buy it

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My dad recently bought a 05 fourtrax, that looks like it got raped by tree branches. Anyways, a plastic kit is very expensive. So i am wondering if the Plastic Restore Kit really does work like it says it does. I am not too sure, so i would like to see some pics/ reviews if possible, before i jump in and buy it

I have use it before on my Banshee, just before I went to the States to sling some sand. I was impressed on how it shined up the plastic, with some kind of a glazing. But where the blue was scratched, it didn't seem to do much. That was about 12 or so yrs ago, so it may have improved since then. Sorry, I need to get a scanner to show any pics.

Imo, I would be willing to try it again.

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stuff i used was called Renew....used it on a little 50 cc Suzuki that was faded and the plastic had turned chalky from being bleached in the sun. Used that Renew and it looked almost as new. Was kind of a pain to sand but was worth it in the end. If your plastic is just scratched it will take it out but if its been bent and stretched and you can see the discoloring then no it won't work for that. Basically you sand it down in three separate stages and then clear coat it. Its the sanding that takes the scrathces out and then fills them with the clear.

Stillrockingabanshee

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stuff i used was called Renew....used it on a little 50 cc Suzuki that was faded and the plastic had turned chalky from being bleached in the sun. Used that Renew and it looked almost as new. Was kind of a pain to sand but was worth it in the end. If your plastic is just scratched it will take it out but if its been bent and stretched and you can see the discoloring then no it won't work for that. Basically you sand it down in three separate stages and then clear coat it. Its the sanding that takes the scrathces out and then fills them with the clear.

ohh ok, thanks guys, and yes it is called Plastic REnew, i just forgot the name of it :p. From what i hear, i am going to try it out for sure. Its only 30 bucks, but i just wanted to know if it really is worth it. And there is no discoloring on the plastics, They just got raped by a tree that's all

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If you have white marks from the plastic being bent over or stretched, just hit it with a heat gun for a couple of minutes. It works great.

Stillrockingabanshee

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have white marks from the plastic being bent over or stretched, just hit it with a heat gun for a couple of minutes. It works great.

X2, I tried that with a hair dryer, which is slower, but after the white marks dissappeared, i had the impression that they were never there, good thing i took some before and after pics, that got deleted by accident

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2, I tried that with a hair dryer, which is slower, but after the white marks dissappeared, i had the impression that they were never there, good thing i took some before and after pics, that got deleted by accident

Love to see the before and after...never knew about the heat gun thing! Thats a good tip....lets see some pics bud!

PEAK SEEKER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, I'd like to see the resulys of the heat gun thing. Flipped the Griz awhile back and it's more white than blue...

Stillrockingabanshee

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love to see the before and after...never knew about the heat gun thing! Thats a good tip....lets see some pics bud!

well, like i said, the pics got deleted by accident. But what i can tell you is to, take a hair dryer, or even a heat gun (it works better with a heat gun) and go with the heat under the plastic, right under the area where the whitening is located. Be careful with the heat gun, because they plastic will melt. As for those of you who will do it with a hair dryer, same tips, except keep the dryer as close as possible. Don't forget, To get a chair and some beer, then sit back and watch it happen :cool:

Top Bottom