Have you got the talent?

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice log rolling abilities at the 1:30 mark :p

Yup. I have the talent to execute that move flawlessly every time! :D

Actually....I don't get the whole "technical tree riding" craze. I'm out there for the scenery and the view from the top, not to push myself along with one foot all day in a thicket where I can't see anything ducking tree branches and getting snow down the back of my neck. Whatever floats your boat I guess. :confused:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

Actually....I don't get the whole "technical tree riding" craze. I'm out there for the scenery and the view from the top, not to push myself along with one foot all day in a thicket where I can't see anything ducking tree branches and getting snow down the back of my neck. Whatever floats your boat I guess. :confused:

Ken, that was a little intense but when the trails and the meadows are totally hard and flat, it is nice to get into the trees with the untouched powder. This is for the younger generation and I don't have the talent to keep up but I can get in there and get some good footage. For that, I am happy!

BTW, we got up to the top and enjoyed the scenery while we had lunch and it was beautiful.

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
Nice clip Doug. Good choice in music too.

To each their own I guess. I have almost stopped climbing entirely unless it is to access an area. I don't see the thrill in pointing it up the hill and mashing the throttle to the bar any more. Tree riding, boondocking, sidehilling what ever you want to call it is addicting. Acquiring more talent is an awesome feeling. There is nothing more rewarding to me than pulling off a line through the trees and getting your weight, counter steer and foot position just right and the sled is tracking perfectly, little more throttle to high side this tree and lean forward a bit and back off just enough to low side that tree then turn down the hill initiate an uphill turn and come back. I just love it.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ken, that was a little intense but when the trails and the meadows are totally hard and flat, it is nice to get into the trees with the untouched powder. This is for the younger generation and I don't have the talent to keep up but I can get in there and get some good footage. For that, I am happy!

BTW, we got up to the top and enjoyed the scenery while we had lunch and it was beautiful.

Exactly what I thought YESTERDAY. Not any more! Rode with a 72 year old guy on a Timbersled snowbike conversion today. Holy crap! If you're old and still want to tree ride that's the way to go. Most amazing day of watching someone else have fun I've ever had. Those things are awesome, and he says wayyyyyy less work than a sled for an old guy!

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those snow bikes seem to be the best for tree riding, unless it's bottomless powder. They require zero effort to lean over, and will fit through pretty much anything. Only question I have is, are the brakes reversed? I would rather have my brake lever control the track speed, not the brake pedal.

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the best video yet doug, great to see pancake out riding, looks great you always have the best snow hidden out there
thanks for the video
giddyup

Top Bottom