Have a question, need some help!

Swirlibirdz

Reaction score
I have dropped the VP nozzle (long grey tube) into my gas tank on my XM. Does anyone know a quick trick on how to get it out?

xmsummit154

Reaction score
Throw a match in after it LOL Sorry to hear of your bad luck. Maybe fill it up to the brime and hope you can reach it with a flexible clamp tool. It shouldn't hurt anything in there really.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I once dropped the little yellow cap from a jerry can in my tank. That was a hassle to get out and took some time. Maybe a fishing hook on a stick of some sort?

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Run it empty, tip it over and hope it comes forward tot the spout,, If not, remove tank and shake it out.... If not.. just leave it in.. LOL

Tuffmudder

Reaction score
Fill your tank to the very top. The nozzle will float up with the level making it easier for you to fish it out.

Sent from my iPhone using

Swirlibirdz

Reaction score
I tried filling it up to the top to see if it would float, no luck. I will now empty the tank and tip the sled to see if I can fish it out. If I just leave it in. Is there any chance of it causing issues later?

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Empty tank and use inspection camera and flexible claw to get it out. I'm sure it will be a pain but with patience you will get it. Can't see it creating problems but I wouldn't leave it in there. It would drive me bonkers knowing its in there.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hate to be a party pooper but gas is flammable...... is your inspection camera at least water proof? I am sure it is not intrinsic safe but be careful with flash lights etc. Stuff goes boom real quick

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the good quality bore scopes are intrinsically safe. Natural gas mechanics use them on all sorts of stuff and I haven't heard of any of them blowing up yet. Maybe their just lucky though, I don't know for sure

Top Bottom