Haul your boat and TT at the same time

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought this was pretty cool. Some good engineering went into this. :beer:
TrkBoatnTrailer.jpg

More info after the link.
Open Range RV Owners Forum - New 340FLR with Boat on Truck - Powered by ForumCo.com - The Forum Company

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you click the link and read through the posts he said that the boat is actually lower that the AC on the trailer by a couple of inches. The boat trailer goes up on ramps and is pull by a winch.:beer:

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Pretty cool. I do the fifth wheel thing myself. Did not realize that you would need a commercial license in California. :eek:

Good solution if you ask me.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Pretty cool. I do the fifth wheel thing myself. Did not realize that you would need a commercial license in California. :eek:

Good solution if you ask me.

Not sure what you mean here...you are licensed by your home jurisdiction. If you dont need a commercial license here, you dont down there either. Please explain a bit more...Drive California all the time, maybe im missing something lol

Snorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean here...you are licensed by your home jurisdiction. If you dont need a commercial license here, you dont down there either. Please explain a bit more...Drive California all the time, maybe im missing something lol

he might be talking about hauling double's, in Cali you can haul your 5er with a boat or another trailer behind, but you need a CDL to do it. getting it set up for weight distrubution is a bugger the first couple times.

pretty sure that if it's legal in your home jurisdiction you good to go, but not 100% on that

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
he might be talking about hauling double's, in Cali you can haul your 5er with a boat or another trailer behind, but you need a CDL to do it. getting it set up for weight distrubution is a bugger the first couple times.

pretty sure that if it's legal in your home jurisdiction you good to go, but not 100% on that

Oh ya hauling a double would make sense, but should be no issue pulling a 5th wheel...

Kelzon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Noticed you need a Ford to do this...........don't try it with a chev or dodge...lol

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
these are cool.... for a guy who wanted to not have to choose between boating and quadding...

if you have a 5th or truck camper you can take both.....

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
these are cool.... for a guy who wanted to not have to choose between boating and quadding...

I wonder what the weight limit for the boat is... pretty sure the 2 of us are out on that idea:rant:

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Got to love the ingenuity that goes into these things.

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll be impressed when you post a pic of it on the ground, and not all busted up!!

Cool idea.

Top Bottom