has anyone put newer suspension in these ole 92 indys

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can afford anything newer till the acreage at Barrhead sells.wife doesnt want to rent again, just has some pigs move out leaving us power and gas bill from January? garbage everywhere.

anyway. back to question, can I put a newer 136 suspension in my ole 92 500.SKS . it runs great,looks great.,just little hard on my ole back.thinking a Xtra 10 or 12 might be better.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can afford anything newer till the acreage at Barrhead sells.wife doesnt want to rent again, just has some pigs move out leaving us power and gas bill from January? garbage everywhere.

anyway. back to question, can I put a newer 136 suspension in my ole 92 500.SKS . it runs great,looks great.,just little hard on my ole back.thinking a Xtra 10 or 12 might be better.

I would imagine it wouldn't be to hard as you have a mechanical knowledge of some kind if I remember right. Might not bolt right in but few minor mods and away you go.
Sorry to hear about the renters. Chitty deal
Good luck on the sled.

steepndeeper

Reaction score
Xtra 10 will fit but you'll have to relocate front and rear mounting plates. Use donor machine to determine locations for the swap. JB Shocks has some of the measurements but I used an Xtra 10 that did not correspond to the dimensions that they show and had to re-drill and remount plates twice. Xtra 12 sits way higher and would require front end swap to get machine suspension to function properly and that suspension does not really work well in the powder.
Edge 136" suspension would be a better choice and it would require remounting the plates. I haven't done that one but shouldn't be any more complicated than an Xtra 10.

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks decided to leave the ole girl stock till can afford a newer ditch banger..I ride fast on the trails that I groom, , not into mountain stuff, too pricey..

Attachments

• 1992Polaris500EFIwnewhighwindshield001.jpg
    1992Polaris500EFIwnewhighwindshield001.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 93
Top Bottom