Harvey Creek via Castle Mtn Staging Area ??

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont have GPS co-ords, but you can see them on google earth and it gives rough co-ords.

chris79

Reaction score
I dont have GPS co-ords, but you can see them on google earth and it gives rough co-ords.

Thanks I will try and find them on there. We ride a bit with vick and keely from mountain memories that could be the best way to find it a local guide. They know some awsome spots.

Chris

chris79

Reaction score

I checked google earth and we have a rough idea but its a bit hard to tell without being there before if any body has some rough google co-ords would be super helpful thanks guys

Chris

chris79

Reaction score
I checked google earth and we have a rough idea but its a bit hard to tell without being there before if any body has some rough google co-ords would be super helpful thanks guys

Chris

anybody?? come on hook a guy up lol any tips would be awsome and hey just let me know when your comeing south there will be a few cold ones waiting for ya for the info thanks
here is my email if thats easier chris.hazell@hotmail.com

thanks
chris

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The best way to get to Harvey is from the Fernie side. Take the Morrisey Rd turn off about 10 miles southwest of Fernie and then turn onto the Lodgepole. If they're logging you can usually get to about 25-28 km on the Lodgepole road and stage just past the compressor station.
If you go in from Corbin...the first 15 km can be pretty rough.
If you go in from the Middle Kootenay...Pack gas, cause it's farther than it looks! It can also be pretty windswept on the BC side of the pass. As far as I know or remember...you can get around the river crossing, but it's a pretty long haul. Crossing the river shortens up the journey quite a bit...and it's not that bad! It's a fun trip coming in from Westcastle, but its a real long day. There's lot's of playing along the way, but it is pretty high exposure avy terrain!!
The place we always ride up the Harvey is called 29 mile...it's Bad A$$ when there's enough snow and you know where to go...

Top Bottom