harmon valley quad rally

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just ran into one of the organizers at the local trade fare today, she told me that they decided back in February that there would be no quad rally again this year.
There was getting to be to many issues to deal with such a big event ( over 1000 quads on its last year ) one major issue was a couple accidents that were due to drinking.
I suggested they have a limited number of entries to keep the number of quads in check, they said they'd consider it but it looks like a no go this year. :(

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that's too bad, but it was getting too big. the trail they use is getting chewed out so bad it's almost impossible for it to be a family event anymore, and the alcohol factor was a disaster waiting to happen.

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wont be long before it happens to a few more rallies just because they say no achool at the start of the rally how many people have coolers full. its like i seen at whitemud the people handing out cards at one check point sitting there with a bottle of whiskey and every check stop was tons of people standing around drinking not staying I didnt have a few as well but theres a diffrencebetween a 6 pack in the quad and a flat in the quad.

darwood

Reaction score
Hey guys , just a bit of an update. I was hoping that someone else would step up and take over the rally but no luck, whatever anyone has heard there really is no main reason we cancelled the rally, last year I bought a jet boat and raced in the worlds. The last rally we had was awesome and not to many problems. That fall the forestry logged a big part of our trail area due to the mountain pine beetle, and alot of our trails got screwed up pretty good. My thoughts are this summer to spend a bit of time out east scouting a new trail and hopefully next year get back on track. We were thinking of doing something a bit smaller scale this year but we have always said that mothers day weekend is when it would be, and I believe the whitemud rally is doing there's that same weekend this year, so we will plan on next year and go from there. Also like Troy said the 1000 bikes three years in a row chewed up the trails, need to figure a way to limit it's size , or make a trail to handle that many. Hope you all have a good summer and we'll keep you posted, in the meantime Chantal and I bought a t4 and will be at the whitemud. Hope to see you there.
Darc

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good to hear Darcy, hope something can be figured out for next year. Always a good time at the HVR, we camped east of your parents house at the dugout the last go round, a little less late night ripping and tearing going on there. well, the quad kind anyways....

Top Bottom