Hard to believe but very real.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Some pictures to show the difference of the snow fall in the Upper Elk Valley this winter as compared to another. All of the structures are the same (fire pit, gazebo frame, and BBQ shelter).

The first two pictures are from the beginning of this week, so early March 2015:

IMG_3573.jpg IMG_3574.jpg

The next pictures are from early March of 2012:

IMG_0939.jpg IMG_0938.jpg

IMG_0936.jpg

What has everybody else got to compare and show the p*ss poor year we have had.......

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow what a difference. I was up at the Fernie ski hill today. lots of dirt showing

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This has been a weird season for weather....... Reminds me of the Y2K year, chitty snow that season too....

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No pics but powderking ski hill near mackenzie states the average snowfall there being 1250cm. This year they have 220 so far. .

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Just curious. You leave that ladder up against roof all year round?

it is up in the winter for chimney cleaning purposes. With our normal snowfall it is a real pita to put it up when the snow has built up.

sumX54, I don't shovel the roof, it pretty much slides and or melts. BC is good for that.

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode with locals at revy at frisby were theirs a beer tree u stop at at the end of the day. In January we stopped their at the end of the day and their was a beer can close to the top of the tree and th[s was a easy 15' above us and they haven't had any snow since then.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats a huge change doug. no wonder you never put out many videos this year. how many miles does your sled have? how much shorter is Bevs honey-do list after this season?

around regina there is dirt showing in anything thats cultivated. area has only been ridable for a month. further to the NE in sask snowfall is about average but it never came until early feb. what snow we rode around nipawin earlier this week has a ugly crust from the freeze/thaw cycles this year.

last year I rode about 3500 miles. this year I think I broke 500 on monday.

pwdrhnd

Reaction score
It looks like the snow in most of sask will be gone in the next week or so. I have 30% breakin left on my sled. Thats how few mikes I've got to put on this year. Hopefully the forecast is right and we get good snow at McBride next week.

canadude

Reaction score
Yes, definitely a weird year for snow. Makes for some great deals on left over sleds new and used. I bet the dealers don't even come close to their numbers for snow checked sleds compared to last year!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
why is it that i require an anti-english translator to understand most of the posts on S&M?

I totally understand and would you believe the hallowed halls are patrolled regularly by the spelling and grammar police. I'm guessing not regularly enough and like our court systems there is just a very mild consequence for the worst of the crimes.

Do you think it is the whiskey talking???

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
thats a huge change doug. no wonder you never put out many videos this year. how many miles does your sled have? how much shorter is Bevs honey-do list after this season?

around regina there is dirt showing in anything thats cultivated. area has only been ridable for a month. further to the NE in sask snowfall is about average but it never came until early feb. what snow we rode around nipawin earlier this week has a ugly crust from the freeze/thaw cycles this year.

last year I rode about 3500 miles. this year I think I broke 500 on monday.

Hahahahha.........Right on Geoff.

I have a couple videos on the go but the interest just isn't there. It was really tough getting footage and riding concrete and big whoops isn't video friendly. I have ridden 32 days and maybe 1800 km (the T3 has 1500 km). Elkford snow was better than Fernie this year (a lot lets rain in Elkford) and we had some good days. Cowboy Basin still had lots of land mines and although people were ripping it up, we were not comfortable with the snow depth. Those rocks are huge and can do a lot of damage! The big thing I got done early this year was the book keeping chores and taxes.......earliest ever! We did manage to break a couple brake reservoirs and one brake handle. That is the first reservoir since 2008..........go figure.

Reading between the lines, Revy was a let down for you this year. The socialization was probably just fine tho'. A few beers and good food.....:d

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This has been a weird season for weather....... Reminds me of the Y2K year, chitty snow that season too....

X2, i bought two brand new SummitX Highmark 151 that year and rolled less then 500kms on them. It was this kind of season....nothing for snow. Can't control the weather and another nice thing is its another year i don't have to work in the chit. Love playing in it but hate working in it.
Just real glad i didn't buy a new sled last year hahaha.
This year it looks like i might again turn less then 500kms hahaha.......you have to be desperate or hardup to ride and beat your sled on this crap snow.

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2, i bought two brand new SummitX Highmark 151 that year and rolled less then 500kms on them. It was this kind of season....nothing for snow. Can't control the weather and another nice thing is its another year i don't have to work in the chit. Love playing in it but hate working in it.
Just real glad i didn't buy a new sled last year hahaha.
This year it looks like i might again turn less then 500kms hahaha.......you have to be desperate or hardup to ride and beat your sled on this crap snow.
Even if it's crappy, still better than work at home, or work period

I've only got 1400 km so far , compared to 2700 km last year

Alberta Beach Doo

Reaction score
It's all my fault. I bought a 1200cc sport touring bike in January and cannot wait to ride it. There is still enough snow to ride around here though.

Top Bottom