Handle Bar Position on 2010 Summit

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Ok here is a crazy question...

I have a 2010 Summit, been riding it just as it came from the factory, havent really done anything to it other than took the HUGE windshield off and installed a short one (its colder by the way lol).

Most I have seen have the riser and bars in a nearly vertical position, and mine came from factory like this also. While messing around the other night, I brought the bars 'down' more in line with the steering post, and it 'feels' more natural, but havent been able to get out and ride it yet.

What are your opionions on bar position? Where does everyone have there's and what works best?

thanks

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok here is a crazy question...

I have a 2010 Summit, been riding it just as it came from the factory, havent really done anything to it other than took the HUGE windshield off and installed a short one (its colder by the way lol).

Most I have seen have the riser and bars in a nearly vertical position, and mine came from factory like this also. While messing around the other night, I brought the bars 'down' more in line with the steering post, and it 'feels' more natural, but havent been able to get out and ride it yet.

What are your opionions on bar position? Where does everyone have there's and what works best?

thanks

Your on the right track, roll em back, it makes it far easier to side hill. The more forward look is more fashonable, as soon as I took the advise of some others, I pulled them back and entered "sidehill heaven". I have rolled them back a bit more than in this photo and it made a difference, also take our your wsay bar.

Attachments

• demo photo 004.jpg
    demo photo 004.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 115

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Thats exactly what I was thinking...Its killing me not being able to go test somewhere, but doing the 'garage test' it feels much easier to tip over. I got doing this while I was unhooking the sway bar which I am reluctant to do because I love how the sled handles on the flats and the trails, and I dont want to give this up, I do however want to be able to lay it over easier...

thanks

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats exactly what I was thinking...Its killing me not being able to go test somewhere, but doing the 'garage test' it feels much easier to tip over. I got doing this while I was unhooking the sway bar which I am reluctant to do because I love how the sled handles on the flats and the trails, and I dont want to give this up, I do however want to be able to lay it over easier...

thanks
I cannot even tell the dirrerence on the tail w/o the sway bar.....and I just went on a 75 mile ride in corbin

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Well, I will try it next trip, I have it all unhooked now, and will carry the parts with me. If it feels funky, I will hook it back up, but I really dont see that it will make a huge difference, Every post I have read about the sled getting crazy on a trail doesnt make sense when you look at what the sway bar really does. What Im trying to get away from is the feeling that the sled always wants to 'right itself' and sometimes im not done doing what I had planned when the sled takes over lol

I am still spending a lot of time doing what sled tells ME instead of ME telling the sled what to do...

thanks again

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the 2010 uses a smaller diameter sway bar it wont make as much differance disconnecting it as it did on the 2008/2009. i will be trying mine on the weekend disconneceted

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Correction, she pushes a bit more on the tight stuff, but that just makes it more fun:d:eek::d
When you learn to compensate for it your weight will be on the correct place on the sled, I found it keeps me from being lazy, but I also have electric start so........

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
the 2010 uses a smaller diameter sway bar it wont make as much differance disconnecting it as it did on the 2008/2009. i will be trying mine on the weekend disconneceted

Yours is a 2010 Everest as well correct?

Correction, she pushes a bit more on the tight stuff, but that just makes it more fun:d:eek::d
When you learn to compensate for it your weight will be on the correct place on the sled, I found it keeps me from being lazy, but I also have electric start so........

Well, my other sleds are Cats, so I am sure that it cant be worse than that...

trials rider

Reaction score
i have my riser just back from vertical this is how i like it. if it was any further back i wouldnt have enough room to manouver on the foot wells. i didnt notice a difference in tipping it over. it has nothing to do with being fashionable. my sled spends as much time in the mountains as it does in the garage. its no show queen.

try different things find what works for your riding style. roll the bars up move the column it only takes a minute to change and try it in different conditions. my riser is almost vertical but i still stand fairly far back on the footwells. i have a wider bar which made a huge difference in comfort for me. and my current set up is slightly lower than stock. im five 11.

try things out try other peoples setups you will figure out what is best for you and dont listen to who says what is best. thats just what they prefer. but bar and riser position is very important in the end its what connects you to the sled you need to feel comftorable.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
i have my riser just back from vertical this is how i like it. if it was any further back i wouldnt have enough room to manouver on the foot wells. i didnt notice a difference in tipping it over. it has nothing to do with being fashionable. my sled spends as much time in the mountains as it does in the garage. its no show queen.

try different things find what works for your riding style. roll the bars up move the column it only takes a minute to change and try it in different conditions. my riser is almost vertical but i still stand fairly far back on the footwells. i have a wider bar which made a huge difference in comfort for me. and my current set up is slightly lower than stock. im five 11.

try things out try other peoples setups you will figure out what is best for you and dont listen to who says what is best. thats just what they prefer. but bar and riser position is very important in the end its what connects you to the sled you need to feel comftorable.

"try things out try other peoples setups you will figure out what is best for you and dont listen to who says what is best. thats just what they prefer. "
X2

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on the sway bar removal, dont they make quick disconects so you can still run a sway bar byt disconect it when you want it off.

Not worth the money.... unless you are trying to drive 70mph around the corners on the trails while having your butt sitting in the middle of the seat, take the swaybar connection out, and you will leave it out. I spend probably 15% of my time SITTING on my sled, and have no problems taking trail turns a little quicker, as long as I am leaning in on the turn, standing up. I guess it depends on your riding style, but if you don't stand up on the trail, my guess is you don't put much effort into sidehilling, and the sway bar removal won't make a difference anyway. Just my 2cents

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
i'm surprised you haven't miled that thing out already,is it better than 'yer putty 'tats?:p:beer:

If we would have had any decent snow, and I could get rid of my wife and kids it WOULD be miled out by now...

Snow has sucked, one kid plays rep soccer and we travel way too much, other 2 kids dance competitively so we are travelling with them as well, and of course the wife loves to ski (not sled), so not nearly as much riding has happend as I would like...

Its better than the cats of course, but the cats have a different feel altogether. Nothing will keep up to the Summit thats for sure LOL

Top Bottom