Hand guards and sled covers???

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what guys who like to run hand guards are doing for sled covers?? There is no way to make the oem polaris cover fit over the hand guards without breaking them or bending them in ways that are not good for the life of the plastic.....a friend just picked up his snow checked 15 poo and first thing he did was take off the hand guards

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't the hand guards come on and off real quick anyway? I thought they had a quick release lever on them so they can easily be removed or installed? Just take them off when putting the cover on, or do like everyone else and get good wind proof gloves and run without them.

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My dealer of course said they'd fit no problem under the cover, they also told me Polaris decks had good ramps (currently working on a warranty claim for a new ramp to replace the ramp due to it folding) and the new 14 pro's had the bugs worked out (sled is also currently at dealer for warranty claim). Guess I'll just take em on and off as needed

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On second thought I think I was able to get the handguards to fit under the cover by folding them back to the bars every time.

On another note, how did your ramp bend? I also have the Polaris deck and haven't had any issue with the ramp bending.

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a house in Edmonton and was loading the sled nice and slow, wasn't all the way extended and it folded in. Of course with a few eyes watching me and of course there was lots of laughter after. A friend of I lifted it on the deck on top of my megacab on 35's. Hopefully Trevor at Countryside can get it covered from Alcoa I think is the manufacturer.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weird, Alcoa isn't the manufacturer, they may make the aluminum for the deck but someone else builds the decks for Polaris, I had the the name of the company before but do you think I can remember who they are now. I'm sure they will get it figured out for you anyway, if not I would get m-line or jetcraft to build you ramp.

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went and showed jet craft. The guy was super awesome and if it isn't replaced I will get them to do the repair

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bolts are backing out of the axels, and one of the bolts is actually missing and I think the axle is bent now. perfect. second time in the shop in 200 miles for something that is just silly. I could have got a bolt and checked them over but that is what warranty is for and yesterday was my last day of warranty so drop it off and get them to check it over.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bolts are backing out of the axels, and one of the bolts is actually missing and I think the axle is bent now. perfect. second time in the shop in 200 miles for something that is just silly. I could have got a bolt and checked them over but that is what warranty is for and yesterday was my last day of warranty so drop it off and get them to check it over.

Loctite and lots of is your friend on these machines, I had the bolt back out of the bottom of my front track shock as well and lost the axle and wheels as well.

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with you but with 200 miles on a 14 I shouldn't have to back every bolt out and wind er back in with Loctite. the one blessing in disguise is that if that sled wasn't in the shop I would for sure be out for a rip somewhere in the dunes

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For the half season I ran the hand guards, I didn't have any issues with my cover (It was tight, but didn't notice anything bad) I just didn't tighten the straps as much. First time you roll the sled over, you are going to do a lot worse to those plastics. But as said before, just get some wind proof gloves and run without the hand guards, or get some of the Skinz soft folding hand guards that just velcro on and off and only put them on for the trail.

Top Bottom