H&S in 6.4 powerstroke

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys has anyone ran the h&s in there 6.4 I'm gonna be puttin one in for a buddy this week and I don't have any experience on how to set them up. I run the spartan in my truck but the h&s has more things to pick and chose ie trans tuning and the different sets of tunes, easy tunes, default, or the custom ones. I know on my spartan I pick the 210 and DL it to the truck and it's everything in one. Ive been reading everything I can on the different truck forums but no one seems to have a generic this should work set of directions.
Truck is a 09 Harley 350 6" lift and 38's. He uses it mostly for pulling sled trailer to the mountain. Any ideas where to start??
Thanks
matt

bj_lucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got a 6.4 f250 6inch lift and 37's

hot damn tune with tranny s1m and the low boost setting at "4" is my favorite.

ive tried a bunch of different ones and that is the best for every day driving/pulling. i pull a 3 place on the lowest setting which is "no power" it gives 60 hp over stock. it keeps the egts the lowest at about 900 and keeps my boost at about 20 psi when running down the highway. i just tried the easy tune and completly hated it. ran like 34 psi of boost just down the highway.

ive tried the s1L and it robs power as it shifts to 5th way to soon. ive tried s1H and it doesnt shift to 5th till like 120km/h.

just remember on the hot damn tune that "no power"=60hp "mild"=125hp "wild=225hp "hot"=300hp
i wouldnt tow with 38's with anything except "no power" or "mild"

ive never tried shift schedule 2 as i like the "tc" to lock up in 4th when towing

you have to update your card on the computer on the card reader via the H&S updater program and at that time you check the boxes as to which tunes and tranny tunes you want. then plug the card in to the h&s and update firmware then do the download. the h&s web site walks you thru those steps really good.

Last edited:

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info!! Your the first guy to even give me a usefull answer to my question. Thanks a lot! Another question for you. What kinda mileage are you seeing stock and towing. Buddy is at 10ish empty and 8 towing right now. That's y it's getting the deletes if this doesn't work he's selling it

bj_lucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
empty avg 120 km/h ill get 17-19 mpg

pulling a 21 ft v nose 3 sleds, gear, tons of jerry cans and in 4 wheel drive here n there and avg 120 km/h ill get 9.5-11

pulling the 4000lbs wakesetter in the summer ill get 14-15mpg

im sure if i drove slower and nicer when towing i could get better.

he will be stoked with the h&s, makes it a whole new truck!!

btw it did 5.1 in the 0-60 mph on the "hot" hot damn lol

Last edited:

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right on thanks for the info
ya there a whole new machine once you do the deletes. My 08 went from 14 to20 mpg and ran a 14.00 at 93mph with a tidy tank tool box and 5 th wheel hitch. My 10 is at 13.3 at 100 mph and went from 17-21 mpg after the deletes. I average around 12 mpg pulling a 30foot 5er at 110-120 But I'm stock height running 35/12.5/20's

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive never tried shift schedule 2 as i like the "tc" to lock up in 4th when towing

Do you ever switch to s2m when pulling heavy loads? I use my parents 33' bumper pull occationally over summer and I guess im looking for an answer to see if I should swap tunes for the weekends I do take it.

Would it be better on the tranny to use the s2m tune so the TC locks in 4th and 5th? or will s1m be fine only locking the TC in 5th?

OR does the TC lock in 4th when you hit tow/haul with the s1m tune downloaded? hope it makes sense lol.

Last edited:

bj_lucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you ever switch to s2m when pulling heavy loads? I use my parents 33' bumper pull occationally over summer and I guess im looking for an answer to see if I should swap tunes for the weekends I do take it.

Would it be better on the tranny to use the s2m tune so the TC locks in 4th and 5th? or will s1m be fine only locking the TC in 5th?

OR does the TC lock in 4th when you hit tow/haul with the s1m tune downloaded? hope it makes sense lol.

hey, sounds like you just got them backwards

shift schedule 1 = 1-2-3-4tc-5tc

shift schedule 2 = 1-2-3-4-5tc

so i personally think that shift schedule 1 is better for towing so you get the lock up in 4 on the highway. also i like it for in town so when your crusing at 60-70 kmh your locked up in 4 and not bouncing around on the rpms.

as far as if the tow haul will lock up in 4th on shift schedule 2. i dont know. never tried schedule 2. but i dont think it would like it does in schedule 1

Top Bottom