Grooming 2016

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this thread will have the updates.
Renshaw will be groomed until Sunday. trail fees will be collected until Sunday. This will be the final day for grooming.
Lucille and Belle will continue for next week so far.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So will the gate be unlocked until Friday for those of us that don't like our carbides????

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the gate will be open for at least another weekend. April 12 i hope. depends on the road.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Belle is also done grooming but will have collectors on it this week as it is in very good shape and no riders on it so far.

Jsymes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Belle is also done grooming but will have collectors on it this week as it is in very good shape and no riders on it so far.
Now that grooming is done on renshaw, can trucks go past the parking lot Or is that still not allowed? Just Don't wanna be driving past if we're not allowed. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if the road is not soft no problem. as soon as the road gets soft i will close it down. think it is ok, going to check it out thurs.
no place to turn trailers around so leave them in the parking lot

Jsymes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Parked at the 2km parking lot today small 20m soft spot half way to the lot. But after the lot is still hard not much snow tho till about the first bridge

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

albertaguy

Reaction score
If the gate is closed to the Renshaw trail can you still get your sled around it and head up the trail??

Last edited:

TKrebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was reading the log book in the Renshaw cabin earlier this year and read that some guys had been pulling sleds up on little two places with there quads up to 26 or 27km area on the trail in late May and the first couple days of June, which is something id be interested in trying as ive been on the injured reserve since January, but im guessing that's not allowed? Barry or Mr . Higgins would know.

Last edited:

Poleman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was reading the log book in the Renshaw cabin earlier this year and read that some guys had been pulling sleds up on little two places with there quads up to 26 or 27km area on the trail in late May and the first couple days of June, which is something id be interested in trying as ive been on the injured reserve since January, but im guessing that's not allowed? Barry or Mr . Higgins would know.
Absolutely that is something you can do to access that time of year.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes we do it every year. drop at the gate, pull sleds with quads on small trailer. one year the road was dry and gate was open. still can't get past 23 km with trucks, deac ditches are to steep.

TKrebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes we do it every year. drop at the gate, pull sleds with quads on small trailer. one year the road was dry and gate was open. still can't get past 23 km with trucks, deac ditches are to steep.
So the gates not actually locked , you just close it to the trucks to let the road dry up?

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when i close the gate it gets locked but you can take a quad around the side of it.

Reaction score
Is Renshaw closed to atv/sled traffic at any point in the year?
Thinking it could be an amazing trip up in July or August.

sent from not on my sled

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Is Renshaw closed to atv/sled traffic at any point in the year?
Thinking it could be an amazing trip up in July or August.

sent from not on my sled
You can't take anything with wheels into the Alpine. Where the signs are is where you stop.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
still open. will go up tomorrow to check the road conditions. will post if it has to be locked.

Top Bottom