Grizzly Bear Closures

britt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just finished reading todays Calgary Herald and the long awaited Grizzly Bear Recovery Plan is about to become reality and it looks like there are going to be siginificant closures and restricted access for sledders and quaders. Have not seen the details but I suspect the major impact will be on the Eastern Slopes between Hi-Way 3 and Hi-Way 16. I don't know if it is to late, but a letter to your MLA, Ted Morton and the Premier would not hurt. This could have very serious implications for the motorized user!!!!

Britt

skinnybitch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder how much they will restrict access for logging, drilling and mining? (Cheviot???)

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The one who has the most money gets to play!!!!! That seems to be the Alberta way the pee ons don't count.

Billy Boy:cool:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just went and read the article and I tell you for us motorized user it will be a bleak future for our outdoor experience.:mad:

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its just like beating your head against the wall:rant: I think this government we have always reacts in a knee jerk fashion instead of approaching land use issues logically and fairly, it seems the special interest groups who are screaming the loudest (usually the environmental groups because they have the deepest pockets) get what they want. Of course the environmentalists are saying they don't like the plan either but there ultimate goal is to keep everybody out of the wilderness areas unless you fit into there special catagory and then you will be allowed to go see OUR WILDERNESS AREAS for a price to a guide who has been granted permission to take you into OUR WILDERNESS AREAS which when I last looked we are all entitled to go and enjoy in a responsible manner. I am getting to the point of saying whatever!! you guys have won, every thing you do to try and keep areas open gets taken away from you at the snap of some bureaucrats (with his environmental buddies blessing) finger. This is verty frustrating:mad:

Billy Boy:cool:

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have read the report and the articles. When they refer to restricting access I thin kthe government portion means reclaiming forestry, oil and gas roads a lot faster than they are now. Most of the mortality is coming from Grizzly's being hit on the roads and poachers who use the roads to access these areas. Of course the hard core environmentalists are busting a gut to use this for complete closure. It's up to us to keep our governement in line. There are truths and half truths on both sides.

Top Bottom