Grizzly 700 or Arctic Cat 700

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Grizz. I have the 550, son has the 450 Kodiak and hubby has the 700. I think it is his 3rd one, lol, never any issues. Hubby had a 850 Polaris for just over a year, nothing but headaches, he hates to have to fix a newer machine, so he went back to grizz, just gas up and go.

Remington721

Reaction score
Canam is at the top of the list, with the POPO 850 next in line with the best bang for the buck..........The 2012 brute force is also a proven performer..........I have owned all three,and would buy anyone of the three before the two bikes you have listed.....

This is just my opinion and a lot depends on where and how you ride............I would not buy a big bore that is not a twin.
The Canam and the Popo have a better ride,more power,better ground clearance,clutching,Radiators,mods avaible,etc etc,.. if you want to upgrade later....
The Yamaha would cost too much to bring it up to the same level as the other two.................IMO

I can't afford a can-am haha and polaris well I'll just pass. As for a Brute force I'm just coming of a decked out 09 I'm happy with it but just want and need something smaller for hunting and trail breaking. I don't need the big v-twin power and don't need to upgrade maybe tires and a winch but that's all I want to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Reliability= Yamaha. It's a very simple formula.

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go with the Grizz, I know a guy who had 660 griz with over 6000km on it.(hard KM's) He used it to go back and forth to six lakes towing 1000+ lbs of gear in a tub trailer. The trail to six lakes is all sand and makes your machine work. Pretty sure when he sold it, it still had the orginal belt.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm looking for a new machine and have it down to the grizzly 700 with EPs and an arctic cat with EPs. What would your personal choice be and why thanks for the advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sell both, & have sold Yamaha's since 93 and Arctic Cats since 1999 I have ridden both I can say objectively quite a bit over the last "few years :)". I believe the Yamaha's are very reliable as stated in this thread, as are the Arctic Cats, however the Arctic Cats seem to be portrayed in a less favorable light. I don't think this a fair comparison. A what are you looking for in an atv, what primary use fun, work both. The key to ensuring you purchase the right atv is to research the units test drive the units are interested in talk to people who own both units to ensure you get enough feed back to make the best decison for you.

I have seen grizzliy owners both happy and not so happy, as well as some arctic cat owners happy and not
so happy, I have yet to see a person who never ever had a problem with some electrical or mechanical item.And this applies to more than atvs, and recreational toys.

Both models have a 6 month warranty - arctic cat actually used to have 24 months warranty but both now have 6 months.
Both models have the s same basic features- I don t say one is better or one is trouble free, as in my experience- that would be untrue. I ask the customers what they are using the unit for and show the customers all the three manufacturer's we
Sell and point out the features, and promotions each offer, recommend they test drive all the models, as the unit that may have all the checks in the right column may or may not be the one they like.

Last edited:

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
id vote griz. but if ya can afford it. can am........

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I owned a 2002 Cat 500i for for 9 years, bought it new. I did everything with it, hunted, mudded, horrowed my driveway, plowed... basically all round use. I can honestly say I never had any problems what so ever. Only issue was it was under powered. I sold it and bought a T-cat. So far it has been great. I dont get all the negitive talk about AC.... they've been good to me and I have no reason to switch yet.

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Canam is at the top of the list, with the POPO 850 next in line with the best bang for the buck..........The 2012 brute force is also a proven performer..........I have owned all three,and would buy anyone of the three before the two bikes you have listed.....

This is just my opinion and a lot depends on where and how you ride............I would not buy a big bore that is not a twin.
The Canam and the Popo have a better ride,more power,better ground clearance,clutching,Radiators,mods avaible,etc etc,.. if you want to upgrade later....
The Yamaha would cost too much to bring it up to the same level as the other two.................IMO

x 2 with rzr

but that about a 750 king quad ..... real good quad .. its fuel injected and still has a pull cord ... none of the others do anymore and is not for this guy

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
x 2 with rzr

but that about a 750 king quad ..... real good quad .. its fuel injected and still has a pull cord ... none of the others do anymore and is not for this guy

Unless they changed something up over the years from the 700 to the 750, Them things won't start with the pull cord if you have a 100% dead battery. Still need some charge to get the efi working.

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go grizz they just keep going . Take a beating and still eventually catch back up to the can ams lol light too so pushing them out ain't so bad

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Congrats! Buddy I ride with has that exact bike. It has treated him very well, and hauls azz too!

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can am's rock. cant go wrong.

kingkris06

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your right, but , if you crank it till its dead or winch till its dead your not SOL.

tex78 depending on the year not all of the 750 come with a pull cord ,but if it didnt its an optional piece you can buy from dealer

Top Bottom