Grizzly 700 or Arctic Cat 700

Remington721

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm looking for a new machine and have it down to the grizzly 700 with EPs and an arctic cat with EPs. What would your personal choice be and why thanks for the advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My neighbour and his friend bought two artic cat 700 last year, both of them regretted doing it last year. This year now that their warranty is done...well ...one engine shot, both front ends gone more than once, i see a car battery on his rear rack and he is talking about wiring the cooling fan on permanent.

Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Grizzly is far more reliable has better warranty. Much smoother ride too. Alot lighter overall wieght wise that makes a big difference

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grizzlys are tough quads! A guy I work with has one and he treats it's bad and keeps going! The only problem is it runs hot you got to keep the rad clean!

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grizz for sure over the cat. They might not have the snot of a twin but they do have good power, reliablility and a smooth ride.

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grizz for sure. Happen to have one for sale in the classifieds.........

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am extremely impressed with the amount of abuse my Grizzlies take. Plus, the engine is built well enough to squeeze quite a bit more power out of it without compromising its reliability.

If you're just comparing the Arctic Cat 700 to the Grizz 700, I doubt you'd ever have regrets choosing the Grizz.

jasonrev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tough to beat the grizz. I'm a hardcore can am guy but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the grizz. I ride with guys that have the 660s and the 700s and they go good and are really reliable. The cats look nice and are cheap but there have been to many problems to make me consider one.

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 Grizzly 700;s in the family and other than routine maint there has never been an issue.C'ant speak for the AC

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grizz is a great quad ... Put fuel in it and ride !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while working extremely hard

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no question the grizz is the better of those 2 had an 07 700 and was an incredible machine got rid of it at 4400kms of trouble free riding

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had an 08 AC 700, but not with eps
It was a nice all around fun machine, couldn't beat the ground clearance or the ride. Factory Warn 3500lbs winch to pull out a lot of grizz's and outty's.
But........ overheat, and overheat, and overheat!!!! Also the front end can't handle much of a beating ( I tried jumping it like my Banshee).
I would honestly consider buying a Grizz for my next wood hauler. I don't think I would do Cat again.
JMO

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Better not let Door read this................ha ha ha....If those are the only two you are picking between i would go grizz. However,there are 3 other quads brands, that are better ..........not in the selection..........lol

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Canam is at the top of the list, with the POPO 850 next in line with the best bang for the buck..........The 2012 brute force is also a proven performer..........I have owned all three,and would buy anyone of the three before the two bikes you have listed.....

This is just my opinion and a lot depends on where and how you ride............I would not buy a big bore that is not a twin.
The Canam and the Popo have a better ride,more power,better ground clearance,clutching,Radiators,mods avaible,etc etc,.. if you want to upgrade later....
The Yamaha would cost too much to bring it up to the same level as the other two.................IMO

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Canam is at the top of the list, with the POPO 850 next in line with the best bang for the buck..........The 2012 brute force is also a proven performer..........I have owned all three,and would buy anyone of the three before the two bikes you have listed.....

This is just my opinion and a lot depends on where and how you ride............I would not buy a big bore that is not a twin.
The Canam and the Popo have a better ride,more power,better ground clearance,clutching,Radiators,mods avaible,etc etc,.. if you want to upgrade later....
The Yamaha would cost too much to bring it up to the same level as the other two.................IMO

Damn beat me too it rzr!! Lol.

Top Bottom