Grizzly 700 cluch kits and possible mods

boxer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a EPI clutch kit in my 2010 grizzly 700, part number WE391077. I run 27" bighorns. After installation i have not really noticed a difference with the low end power than when it had a stock clutch with the same tires. Did i put in the wrong kit. I find i have to rev it up to get the power going. What can i do without messing too much with the motor. I need to get more low end grunt and have it hit faster.

dirk660

Reaction score
try shimming the clutch that will drop your belt lower and give it a bit more bottom end.

Wemac

Reaction score
As was said above you can add a shim to lower the belt in the primary to give you some more low end. Doing this will decrease your top speed if that matters to you. If you don't want to loose your top speed then I suggest getting your primary moveable sheave machined as well as modifying the cam plate. This will give you more low end and keep the top speed a lot closer to your original. The kit you bought probably came with the 500 rpm stall springs which help you get into the "power" before you start the machine moving.

Top Bottom