Gripper Skis

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any year of gripper works, just need Polaris bolt and nut, can use the doo rubbers, I centered my 2 xm's, so cut the bushing in halfs, one washer either side

Also drill and Grease nipple the piviot bushing if you haven't already

Just put these on my t3174 a few days ago
9e6860bfff9c7cc4afd8f976ddfe6ddd.jpg

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DO NOT!!!!!!!!! use your stock doo rubbers in the gripper ski's. I was fooled into thinking that you could get away with it, and let me tell you first hand it does not work. Not only doe it completed destroy the rubber in the saddle, the ski will eventually get stuck straight up while you are likely moving which can cause serious injury or even fatality. Durapro ski rubbers makes a specific rubber for this application because they see the value a gripper ski provides over the DS2 /DS3, I highly suggest you pay the extra few dollar for lifetime warrantied specific rubbers to run your skis. I wrote my 15xm off in march last year do specifically what was mentioned in the post above, to be honest im lucky to be walking. Dont do the same.:beer:

Shitfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not to derail the thread but I saw the question was answered right off the bat. I see Durapro doesn't have anything for Cat/Yamaha, and specifically for fitting the gripper. Pretty sure trimming the base of the stock Cat ski damper and a washer or two and the skis will fit onto a Cat. Anyone have experience?

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used 2015/16 ski rubbers to put grippers on my G4, and ran into the same ski straight up issue a couple times.
spent the money on durapros.. buy once cry once.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You need a longer bolt too, the doo bolt is too short.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not to derail the thread but I saw the question was answered right off the bat. I see Durapro doesn't have anything for Cat/Yamaha, and specifically for fitting the gripper. Pretty sure trimming the base of the stock Cat ski damper and a washer or two and the skis will fit onto a Cat. Anyone have experience?
I’ve done the grippers on a Cat. You need to trim the bottom of the ski rubber and shave a bit out of the ski base. As mentioned, use the Polaris bolts.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DO NOT!!!!!!!!! use your stock doo rubbers in the gripper ski's. I was fooled into thinking that you could get away with it, and let me tell you first hand it does not work. Not only doe it completed destroy the rubber in the saddle, the ski will eventually get stuck straight up while you are likely moving which can cause serious injury or even fatality. Durapro ski rubbers makes a specific rubber for this application because they see the value a gripper ski provides over the DS2 /DS3, I highly suggest you pay the extra few dollar for lifetime warrantied specific rubbers to run your skis. I wrote my 15xm off in march last year do specifically what was mentioned in the post above, to be honest im lucky to be walking. Dont do the same.
Well that's weird

Cause my 14 has had the original rubbers in the grippers for 4 years, and probably 7000 km

Never once had ski do that, kid punted a rubber out once doing doughnuts tho

Did you center them like me or offset them, then I could see that

banditpowdercoat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that's weird

Cause my 14 has had the original rubbers in the grippers for 4 years, and probably 7000 km

Never once had ski do that, kid punted a rubber out once doing doughnuts tho

Did you center them like me or offset them, then I could see that

i had mine centred on myG4 and that's what happened, ripped a donut ski dipped right in and straight up, sent me over the bars and had to dig in the snow to find the rubber...

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had mine centred on myG4 and that's what happened, ripped a donut ski dipped right in and straight up, sent me over the bars and had to dig in the snow to find the rubber...
A g4 spindle is a bit different tho, it's smaller in width and tow to heal tho

Ricki Bobby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I picked up a set of Grippers today, but they have the red ski loops. I hate red! Does anybody have a set of black one's they don't need or would like to trade me?

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Joining the Gripper bandwagon this season on the T3. I see Source Innovations is out of stock for the durapro ski rubbers. Anywhere else to get them local or do I have to order from the states. Have the munster ski rubber savers on the DS3 skis now. Are these obsolete for me now? Don't have the gripper skis I my possession yet to know.

Anyone want to trade a pair of black grippers for a new set of red? 0kms

Top Bottom